Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 10 - "By the Light of Dawn"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally a pretty good shadowhunters episode!
Ok, there were still some big problems with the episode and some really cringy moments but, overall, I'm really satisfied with how the Part A of the season ended. And, just like I told my sisters, it seemed like the writers of this episode fixed everything that the writers of previous episode screwed so, major props to this writters - Darren Swimmer & Todd Slavkin!
So, we had a lot in this episode! Everything went around the Soul Sword and the fact that Valentine wanted Clary to activate it and yeah, I'm so glad we past over this and that we are finally Valentine free! Yes, not wanting to skip ahead but, we finally got Valentine locked up and from now on we are going to deal with a much better (I hope) villain, but I'll talk more about that later.
This episode involved basically everyone. Valentine 'kidnapped' Simon so, obviously, Clary wanted to get him back, but that's when she and Jace find Dot who tells them that Valentine said that Jace is the one that can destroy the Sword, because he has demon blood. They take Dot to Magnus' place and that's when both Clary and Jace show him the vision that the angel gave them, to which Magnus confirms that it's a Morgenstern that is going to destroy the sword.
We already know by now that Jace isn't Valentine's son or Clary's brother or anything, so we know this isn't really true. What we don't know is that, after making an huge plan to get the sword destroyed, and after getting all the downworlders to help them, Jace touches the sword and, instead, he activates it.
Valentine then appears and kills all the downworlders that were in the Institute, where he was hidding, and then disappears.
Luckily, Simon, who was also in the room, doesn't die and that's because of what happened earlier - Simon drank Jace's blood.
I also already knew this, because it is in the books. Jace's blood did something to Simon and not only he didn't die, but he now became the only vampire that can walk in the sun, each is super cool, in my opinion.
But, my all time favourite scene in this episode had to be... The Malec Scene, obviously!
Magnus was also in the Institute when all of this happened, so Alec was so worried about him. Obviously we knew that they wouldn't kill Magnus, but when Alec saw him... It was just so cute! And then... Alec said he loved him! Omg, like this couldn't get any better!
Plus, the writters also got rid of Raphael and Izzy's relationship so... That's also great! 
And yeah, that was basically it!
In the end, we see someone with the Soul Sword (after it disappearing when Valentine and Jace were fighting) and, you know what this means?! Sebastian! 
Seriously, I didn't even read the books and I'm so excited about Sebastian! I mean, first, I love the name 'Sebastian', and that's one of the reasons why I'm excited (I know, dumb, but yeah), second, I've heard that he's like real bad and only cares about himself and, that kind of reminds me of Kai, from TVD, and you know how I love him so... I suspected I'm going to love Sebastian, and third, Will Tudor is a real hottie so... All good things!
Anyway, that's all for now!
The second part of the season will only start in June so, Shadowhunters rants only in June. But, until then, I'm going to keep on posting other rants so, if you only read my Shadowhunters rants, give a go to some of the other series, you might like it.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment