Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Originals | Season 4 Episode 1 - "Gather Up the Killers"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys! So, here's something new!
That's right, I've decided to start doing The Originals rants!
The truth is, I just loved last season of The Originals and I basically used to talk a little bit about each episode in my TVD rants (when both series aired on Friday, one after other) so I just thought, this season, I need to rant about The Originals! And, since TVD ended, I thought this should be a great 'substitute', since I won't be doing TVD rants anymore.
Also, I'm going to live tweet during The Originals as well, just like I used to do with TVD. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the premiere live because I didn't realize the time had changed in the US, which meant that, here in Portugal, the episode, this week, wasn't on at 1am like it used to be, but at midnight, so I missed it. Anyway, next week the time is back to 1am because the time changes here in Portugal so, it's all fine.
Now, let's get into the proper rant.
I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with this episode. It was good and all but, I feel like premiere episodes aren't that exciting anymore. Maybe it's just me but I watch basically all the previews and stuff they put out and, when it comes to premieres, they put out a lot of stuff, which meant that I already knew basically all the episode, just in a different order. The only 'major' part that I didn't know anything about, which was one of my favourites, was Christina Moses' character (which I can't remember the name of, right now). I knew Christina was coming to the Originals and I already knew her from Containment so I was really excited to see which type of character she would be. I mean, I already knew she was going to be a werewolf, but I wanted to see how she was personality wise. And I liked her! We didn't see enough of her for me have formed a 'proper' opinion but we'll see...
The other part that I really liked was, obviously, Klaus! He was chained up and all but that fight with Alistair?! Damn, that was so good! That is the Klaus I know and love! Seriously, loved that part!
But, of course, there where some things that I didn't really like about the episode. I mean, not that I didn't like, but I was a bit disappointed. Like, where was Kol?! Kol is my favourite Original and we saw Elijah and Freya come back to life but what about Kol and Rebekah?! I really wanted to see Kol and Rebekah! I seriously hope they will be on next episodes... 
Also, something that I thought would be more exciting was Hope. I think we didn't get enought of her so I also hope we have more of her in next episodes. I mean, we sure will because I think she's going to be very important in this season so... Yeah, can't wait for that!
And then, the ending! I know that symbol from Hemlock Grove but I can't really remember what it meant in that series... I don't even know if here it will have the same meaning but, I'm really intrigued about that... Looks like it's going to be a good season.. Let's see!
So yeah, I guess that's it for this first The Originals rant!
I know it's not as long as TVD ones but I still hope you like it. Let me know your thoughts about the episode and, if remember what that symbol means, tell me because I seriously can't remember.
I'll see you later with a new The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment