Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 18 - "Abra Kadabra"


Spoiler Alert!

Wow, what was this episode?!
Seriously, if I thought the last episode was good, this one, damn, was so good!
When I saw all of the previews with Abra Kadabra I didn't really think much of it but he was actually pretty good. Obviously, you can imagine that he wasn't my favourite part of this episode, Jaitlin was, obviously but still, Abra Kadabra turned out to be a pretty good 'villain' and I enjoyed it.
So, like I said, Abra Kadabra was the main villain in this episode and we start right of with him stealing some tech from a different number of companies.
We also have Gypsy back for this episode because, turns out, not only Abra Kadabra is wanted on her Earth, but he also killed her partner so, obviously, she's also seeking revenge.
Eventually, as expected, the Team catches Abra Kadabra and that's when he offers the identity of Savitar in exchange for his freedom.
Obviously no one really wanted to free him but at the same time everyone wanted to know who Savitar his (I still predicted it's Eddie, just saying). That's when Joe finally steps in and releases Kadabra who, obviously, excapes (without giving Savitar's name) to Eobard Thawne's time vault and retrieves a power source. 
As he's trying to escape, Kadabra triggers and explosion, with Caitlin caught in the crossfire and critically injured by shrapnel. And that's when my favourite part comes.
It might sound really weird because I don't like to see Caitlin suffer, but the whole next part, where Julian performs surgery on Caitlin, with her being awake and basically 'teaching' him what to do was just so damn cute! I love Jailtin and this episode had a lot of Jaitlin moments! Looking back, I don't know how I didn't realise something was going to happen but, I'll talk about that in a minute.
So, surgery goes fine and so the Team gets back to try and find Kadabra, and that's when Cisco deduces that Kadabra stole the same components that he (Cisco) used to construct Thawne's time machine.
That's when the team stops him once and for all and Gypsy takes him to her Earth.
And, as the episode is about to end, Barry reveals that he found a way to stop Iris' death, and that's by travellin to the future which, to be honest, is going to be a lot of fun, almost like when Barry travelled to another Earth for the first time so, I'm excited for the next episode!
But the episode doesn't end like that! That's when the twist comes!
Caitlin is still recovering and, suddenly, she loses consciousness and begins convulsing, before her vital signs flatline. That was so unexpected and, the whole time I'm just thinking 'Why the hell don't you just take her necklace off?' and Thank God Julian heard me and he did rip the necklace from her neck and her vital signs return to normal. But, because every episode of The Flash has to end with a bang!, obviously this couldn't end like that.
Instead, she wakes up but in the guise of Killer Frost, and that's how the episode ends. 
And you know what that means? We are going to have Killer Frost in the next episode!
I'm quite excited about that, although, I hope she doesn't stay like this for a while because even though I like her as Killer Frost, I prefer her just as Caitlin Snow and, besides, Jaitlin was starting to work out and I really want this ship to be endgame! They are so cute together!
Anyway, next episode is going to be really good! Unfortunatelly, the series is only back in about a month so no The Flash rants until then. There's going to still be a few more rants on the blog before most of the series go on another hiatus but The Originals isn't going to stop so, at least you'll have that so, stay tuned for more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment