Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 17 - "Kapiushon"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Once again, I'm sorry for the delay of this rant. Personal life have been crazy and I only got time to watch the episode today. Anyway...
This wasn't my favourite episode. To be honest, I think it was a little bit boring. The episode was basically all about flashbacks, we barely had any 'present day' scenes, besides, it was all pretty confusing. Yes, we had a lot of Adrian Chase/Prometheus scenes, which you know I love him despite everything, but it was all too confusing.
Like I said, we see a lot of flashbacks, starting with Anatoli becoming the new Pakhan. 
I love Anatoli so it wasn't that bad but I've never been an huge fan of the flashbacks, although this season they have been pretty good. Anyway, so having an episode all based on flashbacks was a little bit 'off' for me.
The good thing is, we had a special appearance of Malcolm in this flashbacks! I've missed him on Arrow! I know he's all busy in Legends of Tomorrow but I kind of want him back on Arrow... But, him being on Legends makes a good way to do a crossover so... I'm not too mad about it.
And yeah, has you can imagine something has to come up, this time being Kovar planning a coup against the Russian government and, obviously, Oliver had to stop it.
Like I said, it was all a little confusing to me and, if you can tell me how this is all connected with the scenes of the present day, please tell me because I would seriously like to know.
Anyway, in the end, Oliver 'kills' Kovar and Anatoli appoints him as a Bratva captain, and this is how Oliver got that Bratva tattoo.
And, I said 'kills' because, the truth is, by the end of the episode, we see that Malcolm helped Kovar's operatives revive him, which means, Kovar is still alive. Which makes me believe that Kovar is going to be the 'big bad' by the end of the season. Either that or he's going to be the villain next season, because it's a little late to introduce a new villain.
In the present day, we see Adrian torturing Oliver with the purpose of him confessing something, which we just realize what it is by the end of the episode.
Turns out Adrian just wanted Oliver to confess that he killed people because he liked it, which, to be honest, wasn't a surprise to me. We've kind of known this since the beginning, he just never really said it with those words so, I don't know, this was a little bit off to me.
Besides that, we also see Evelyn back in this episode, which I couldn't care less, to be honest. Adrian might be the big bad but I seriously hate Evelyn. She has been a bitch since the beginning and I never really liked her and, in this episode, I liked her even less!
In the very end of the episode, since he got what he wanted, Adrian lets Oliver go.
Oliver returns to the hideout and that's when he reveals to the team that he decided to end his vigilantism.
I don't know how I feel about this...
I understand that it must really mess up with your hed admiting that you liked killing people, but you're not that person anymore. This should make Oliver want to be even a better person and do everything that he can to help people. 
Let's see where this goes.
Overall, I think this was a poor episode. I'm sorry, but I really wasn't into it. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Anyway, let me know what you guys thought about the episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment