Pages

Monday, March 14, 2022

Peaky Blinders | Season 6 Episode 3 - "Gold"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new Peaky Blinders episode and, honestly, this was way more interesting, dark and easy to understand. However, I still feel like this season doesn't live up to the previous ones. I don't know if it's due to Tommy's situation (the no drinking thing) or if it's because it's the last season and they want to tie everything together but... As of now, it doesn't look as interesting as the previous seasons.

Although, as I said, this episode was pretty good and a lot of important stuff happened! Not only we got a cameo from Esme (I hope she sticks around, to be honest) but we were also introduced to another new characters - Hayden Stagg - who appears when Arthur and Isaiah go beat him up but, somehow, Hayden Stagg changes Arthur's mind when he starts talking about his own addiction and how Arthur can change that. I seriously hope this whole thing with Arthur is resolved because I just want the old Arthur back. Actually, I want the old version of, basically, all the characters - apart from Ada.

Ada was f*cking amazing in this episode! Tommy sent her to run some errands while he's looking for Esme and Ada slapped in everything she did in this episode! Her interaction with Diana and Mosley and Gina and Mr. Nelson was gold! That might have been my favourite part of this whole episode, to be honest. But not only that, Ada also was great when she sent Isaiah and Arthur after that Hayden guy. She truly was the standout of this episode!

Lastly, there's the whole Ruby thing that, truly, was what drove this whole episode - what made all of this happen. I don't know why I never thought of that but, turns out, Ruby contracted tuberculosis and it doesn't look great for her. The doctors start on ther treatment but of course Tommy belives that there's something to do with a Gypsy curse and that's why he goes looking for Esme. He does find her but she has nothing to do with Ruby's curse. However, she does know of someone that might have put a curse on Tommy and that reveals a whole another plot that is way too complicated to explain here but basically traces back to that necklace Grace got back in Season 2 (the one that got her killed). 

With that, Tommy promises to do a ton of things to make up for whatever he did but, when he gets back to the Hospital, Lizzie tells him that Ruby just died. And the credits roll.

It's super sad that Ruby died but, to be honest, I hope this is the catalyst for Tommy to get back to his old self and, honestly, just f*ck everyone over. I just want this show to end with a bang (Tommy can die at the end, but I hope a lot of other people die as well), and considering that this season only has 6 episodes... We're halfway through so... Let's hope this gets really good after this episode.

But that's it from me. Let me know what you thought of this episode and how to you compare this season to all the other ones, and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment