Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 7 - "Lockdown"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I know, I'm super late with this review, but the thing is I missed it when it aired and then I had to watch it the next day and personal stuff happened and then I just couldn't write about it even though I've seen the episode like 4 days ago... But anyway, I'm actually kind of bummed that I missed it live because this wasn't a bad episode! It wasn't anything special, but it was definitely better than some of the previous episodes - specially the last one!

And yes, I'm going to be that annoying person that is going to say that the reason this episode worked better was 1) this focused on Barry and 2) less Iris in this episode (which, from the looks of it, we are about to get a ton of Iris so... I'm gonna have to prepare for it).

But basically this whole episode revolves around the precinct and we actually have a ton of Barry in this episode instead of The Flash, which was refreshing! 

The episode starts with Kramer complaining about The Flash dropping criminals all the time but not giving them the where and why and all the paperwork that she needs in order to book them and make a case against them. It is suggested that Flash should create a way for Kramer to talk to him in order to get these informations and that reminded me a lot of Batman. Maybe it was because I just saw the new film recently but it's basically what Gordon has with Batman - the Batsignal. However, Barry isn't really sure of it so, instead, as Barry Allen, he works a ton more to give Kramer that paperwork that she needs. And that's when the main plot of this episode starts - when Goldface attacks CCPD in search of bullets that can take away metahuman's powers and, in the process, takes everyone there hostage - giving everyone bracelets that, not only dampen their powers but also act as bombs.

A lot happens between Goldface, Kramer and Barry while trying to figure out where those bullets are but, ultimately, after Kramer's powers short-circuit those bracelets, Barry is able to inspire her to use her mimic powers to stall Goldface while Barry takes his bracelet off and defeats Goldface's crew as The Flash.

That part of the episode ends in a really interesting way - with The Flash going to Kramer to give her a way for her to contact them and with also Flash revealing that he's Barry - which was super fun because Kramer told him that she knew, and for the first time someone figured that Barry is The Flash! That was refreshing!

While all of this was going on, there was another side story with Caitlin and Frost - Frost who's now dating Mark and Caitlin, who's going out with a guy named Marcus, not being happy with Frost's dating life, which is just a refection of Caitlin's own insecurities about her own dating life. It was a nice touch to the episode but nothing really that exciting.

Lastly, as the episode is ending, we see objects in Joe's house disappearing and Iris loosing her sense of time, ending with Iris' eyes flashing green.

As I said, overall, it was a decent episode. I'm curious to find out more about this whole Iris thing but I also want more of Barry so... Hopefully we can accomplish both. 

In the meantime let me know what you thought of this episode and I'm sorry I took so long with this rant! I'll be back later with my Peaky Blinders rant!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment