Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

Peaky Blinders | Season 6 Episode 4 - "Sapphire"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new rant and now it's time to talk about Peaky Blinder's new episode which was incredible!

This is what I've been waiting for from Peaky Blinders! And actually, so much happened in this episode so let's get to it!

The episode opens up with the events of last week's episode - Ruby's death. We see the funeral, which was super sad, and we see the outcome - what Tommy does to who he thinks did this to Ruby. So he goes after that lady that first landed that curse on the Sapphire and just basically kills everyone! That is Tommy being Tommy and it truly shocked me, which was actually what I've been waiting this season - something really shocking!

After that, we get a really touching moment between Tommy and Arthur and, not to be repetitive here, that was something that I've also been waiting for. I don't know if I've mentioned that in one of my previous rants but Arthur is my favourite character on the show and, this season, we have been lacking on Arthur. I miss his outbursts and his wildness and, even though this season was far from wild, it was a lot more screen time, and a lot more bonding than everything that we've seen this season so far. Also, something else that we've been waiting for this season happened - Tommy is drinking again. Tommy isn't Tommy if he doesn't drink so again, back to true form. Which leads me to what happened next - the meeting where Tommy put his plan in action.

That meeting was actually pretty vague, with only everyone agreeing that they were fascists so Jack Nelson tells that to the US President. That's what I gathered from the meeting, but one thing is for sure - that scene was drenched in tension! Not only that but, at the same time, we see a scene with Ada where she is harassed because she has a black kid and then she tells Karl that he is half Jewish so... Ada's in big trouble here.

We also find out something huge about Gina - she has been sleeping with Mosley - which is actually gross, but works in Tommy's favor, since now he can use Gina (blackmailing her, of course) in order to get information about what Mosley does and how the Berlin meeting goes. Tommy is just so smart. However, what we've been scared of is happening.

The episode ends with Tommy finding out that he has a desease that came from Ruby that, although isn't as bad as Tuberculosis, it is still killing him and... Yes, he has about an year to live. We all knew that was how the series was going to end, didn't we? I mean, I was expecting him to die at the end. It will be heart-breaking but there was no other way the series could end. They can still surprise me though, and maybe he doesn't die - that would be a surprise! But I don't think so... I'm pretty positive he will die - I just hope his plan works and everything works out in the end, in a way.

But that's it for this episode. So many things and only two episodes left! I only discovered this show back in 2020 but I'm going to miss this so much! In the meantime, let me know your thoughts and theories and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment