Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 6 - "Impulsive Excessive Disorder"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!

As promised, here I am with a brand new The Flash rant!

That's right, The Flash is back and... I gotta be honest - I wasn't that excited about it. You know how I've been feeling towards The Flash... I just feel like they lost it's way and don't really know what to do with the show anymore. And this episode just proves that.

We, fans, have been saying this over and over again but still... The producers don't listen. The whole traveling to the past and to the future was fun and all for a while but now just looks like a rehashed story-line. We've seen this time and time again and we're tired. Some people did enjoy this episode because of Nora and Bart but honestly, I'm not a fan of either of them. Nora was fine in the beginning but then she became so annoying, and the same is happening with her brother. Bart is just flat out annoying and I didn't really like it since the first time he showed up. But I get it - people like them because of the comics, but because I'm not attached to the comics I can't really enjoy them as characters. I did sort of enjoy Nora in this episode, sort of... There were moments where they were likable and entertaining but, honestly, this whole episode just felt really pointless...

This episode was just focused on the 'kids' and how they screwed up the time-line when they helped defeat Godspeed (which, honestly, I barely remember how that story-line ended) and them trying to fix things up. Again, most of their interactions were cringy and kind of annoying and we barely got any Barry in this episode.

What I did like about the episode was Eddie being back (although, again, I can hardly remember his character because it has been so long since he was in the show), I also liked the new character - Avery - who I hope sticks around in the next episodes, and I liked the explanation of how the Royal Flush Gang was created. Those were the things that I did enjoy about the episode, everything else was pointless and not that entertaining.

How the episode ended was also interesting - we got back to the present and, after Team Flash leaves for bruch, a comb disappears in a green light - so... I'm curious.

But that's it. Not a lot to talk about nor anything really memorable about this episode, but let me know what you thought of the episode - are you a fan of Bart and Nora? Did you like to see Eddie back? What about the new girl Avery? Tell me everything and I'll see you next week with more rants!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment