Pages

Friday, November 11, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 5 - "Get Rich or Ride or Die Tryin'"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I know - AHS. Well, that will have to wait for a little longer, honestly. I'm already a few episodes behind and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to watch them so I'm focusing on The Challenge right now, so let's get to it.

This episode was a whole mess! Not in terms of production or editing - just the choices that were made.

They really tried to foreshadow a lot of the things that ended up happening, with that party in the beginning of the episode, which was actually nice! Loved the songs they used in this episode, they were epic! Not only that but I enjoyed the whole first part of the episode. Actually, I liked the whole episode, it just didn't end the way I wanted it to end.

As I mentioned, they really foreshadowed most of the episode, starting with Jay and Michele winning the daily challenge, which I'm not mad about. I really like Jay and I think he's so underrated! Unfortunately, he keeps getting paired with rubbish people and I feel like they just slow him down. Not literally, not in terms of challenges because, clearly, if they won, it's because both of them were great, but more in the political side of the game. 

After they win it's time to pick four teams to maybe go into elimination, and they do a really bad job with that! Not only they throw in one of Jay's best friend's in the game - Jakk - but they also don't put in Bananas and Nany. I'm fine with them not putting Bananas, because I obviously want him to win, but it was just not a smart choice to do that. Instead, they put in for possible elimination Darrell/Veronica, Jordan/Aneesa, Colleen/Kim, Jakk/Laurel. Basically all bad choices and it was clear that they f*cked up.

Needless to say that everything after that was a mess. Everyone was angry with them and they didn't even make that much of a power move. On top of that, they chose to go straight into elimination Jakk and Laurel which, considering everything, I thought it was the smartest choice - they were already p*ssed at them no matter what, so might as well just try to send them home. Well, but that also backfired.

When it comes to the Draw, Darrell and Veronica pulled out the SAFE dagger and again, they tried to trick us into believing that they would save Colleen and Kim but no... They saved Jordan and Aneesa and so Colleen and Kim went into elimination once again. And, as if things couldn't get any worse, Laurel and Jakk won the elimination, sending Colleen and Kim home, which were a Team that I was really starting to like, but also they went back into the house and now they're going after Jay and Michele. Not just them but everyone really, which is a shame...

Anyway... Jay and Michele did really mess up with their picks and so I guess it was fair for everything to backfire. I wish they had made smarter choices, but it is what it is.

I didn't get much from the preview, when it comes to the next episode, but it looks like there will be some drama between Bananas and Nany in the daily challenge, so let's see what's that about, but I guess that's pretty much it.

Let me know your thoughts on this episode - who do you think Jay should have picked? Tell me in the comments and I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment