Pages

Monday, December 10, 2018

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 9 - "Elseworlds, Part 1"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Yes, this is an odd day to be posting a new The Flash rant but it's the first episode of the crossover - Elseworlds!
I feel like I always say this on a new crossover but this is already an amazing crossover! I would even say it is their best but... It's really difficult to compare. Actually, yesterday, after this episode, I went to my previous rants and read them just to refresh my memory and compare with this episode and I said that it was going to be difficult to top of last years crossover but... They might have got! Like I was saying, it's really difficult to compare because last years crossover had so many characters and I don't think they'll be able to make a a crossover as epic as that one, but this years is, for sure, so good! Also, something else that I read in my previous rants were that the only thing that I really need in a crossover is Barry and Oliver interacting because I just love them together and... I think this years crossover is the climax of that relationship, with Barry being Oliver and Oliver being Barry.
Just from the previews I could see that this was going to be such a fun crossover but it was even better than what I thought it would be! That initial scene with Oliver and Iris... Priceless! I've watched it a bunch of times and it still gets me laughing out loud. Truth is, this whole episode left me laughing out loud! So many good lines and good acting and... I just really enjoyed it! But, I have to keep in mind, this is the The Flash episode so it is supposed to be the more lighthearted one.
The episode actually begins with a scene that we've seen a bunch of times with The Flash (not Barry) crawling towards a book and then a mysterious stranger saying that he failed. Then, we see that same mysterious man giving that book to Dr. John Deegan, a psychiatrist in Arkham Asylum, and saying that he can rewrite reality as he sees fit.
After that, that's when we see the scene of Oliver waking up and the scene of Barry fighting with Diggle, which were both super fun scenes! Right away we can see how both character take this change - Oliver is super pissed and I found it quite funny that he blamed Barry right away, while Barry is super stoked that he's the Green Arrow and has all this 'new abilities'. It is just so fit to their character's personalities.
In order to get help, Oliver not only goes take Barry from Star City but both go to Team Flash. Unfortunately, none of the Team believes them and that's when they lock Barry and Oliver in the pipeline. That scene in the pipeline must be my favorite in this episode (but I'm not sure because there's so many great scenes in this episode). Just seeing Barry freak out when Oliver tells him that he has to disjoint his thumb in order to get out of the handcuffs... It was so funny! As well as see Oliver deal with The Flash's powers. It's just something I never thought I need but now that I have it, I'm so glad they made it!
Out of the pipeline, Barry and Oliver go to Kara's Earth in order to get her help and see if she still recognizes them as who they really are, which she does. That scene when they move to Earth-38 was quite something! I'm not even a fan of Smallville an it hit me hard with that opening music! It was so cool! Then, seeing Barry's reaction to Superman and Lois Lane... It was all great! Another of my favorite scenes thought was when Barry and Oliver were training and Barry just shots at Oliver. I thought it was so funny and just like pay back. It was such a nice nod to their first crossover (when it was just Arrow and The Flash).
Back on Earth-1, the heroes team together to stop A.M.A.Z.O., an android that can copy their abilities. Once again, I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot, but those scenes were also really nice because both Barry and Oliver realized that, in order to reach their potential, they really had to 'be each other' (in terms of personality) and we saw such a different type of person from each of them. And that last line that Barry delivered, it gave me chills!
In the very end, after defeating the android, they see a vision from that mysterious stranger from Cisco and that's when they realize that they have to travel to Gotham City.
The episode ends with Batwoman standing on top of a tower, looking out over Gotham.
Now that I really think about it, it makes sense that the next episode, which is Arrow's, is where they go to Gotham, because Gotham is really similar to Star City/Arrow - both have more of a dark feel to it.
Before I end I just want to point out some other things that I really enjoyed about this episode. First, I was really happy that Ralph was in the episode - I was really afraid he wouldn't be in it because... You never know... But he was and I'm happy. He probably won't be in the next one but I'm fine with that. Second, not really something that I liked but I needed to point out, I missed Felicity in this episode. I know that she's going to be in the next one (or the one after the next) but I feel like she should've been in this episode too - I mean, Diggle was. I did like Iris' mention to Oliver (who she thought was Barry) about Felicity calling her and just telling him all the truth, it was a nice touch.
I did not like though all the bashing from Iris' towards Oliver, like she's that bad of a person! She kept bashing him, almost saying that he's the worse and I really disliked that! I already don't really like Iris, and after that... Ugh...
And well, I guess that's pretty much it. Overall it was an amazing episode and I'm so excited to see more of Barry and Oliver as each other (that is my main focus in this crossover, to be honest).
Let me know what you thought of this first part, what did you like, what you didn't like and I'll see you tomorrow for Part 2.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment