Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 9 - "Elseworlds, Part 2"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Here I am with part two of this years big crossover - Elseworlds. And no, I didn't get it wrong, this is the Arrow rant, with a Reverse Flash banner.
So, as I suspected, this second episode wasn't as strong as the first one. For some odd reason, in the crossovers, I never enjoy the Arrow episode that much, even though Arrow is my favorite series out of the DCTV Universe. However, it did have some major points that I really appreciated and, just like I predicted yesterday, this episode did have Felicity and more of the Arrow characters, even though I did miss Dinah, Rene and those characters in the episode. Hopefully they'll be in the last part. Someone that I also missed in this episode, and that I predicted that he wasn't going to be in it is Ralph. Because this is the Arrow episode, it was expected to have more Arrow characters and less The Flash characters, the reverse of the first episode, and that was exactly what happened. I'm not mad though, I already expected it. In the end, I'm just happy that Ralph was in the crossover and maybe they will all be in the last one (fingers crossed).
Right away I need to start with the very beginning of the episode - you know, that 'previously' part. I loved what they did with this episode because they basically replaced Stephen Amell for Grant Gustin (just like the story of the crossover demands) and Grant even narrated the events as Oliver and I loved that! It was something that I really wasn't expecting and that really got me going for the rest of the episode.
Then, we see Diggle and Curtis dealing with some bad guy (I can't remember his name) and that's when Oliver, Barry and Kara show up in Star City. The three of them help Diggle and Curtis deal with the situation and then I loved Diggle's line where he said that, every time the three of them show up, it means something is very wrong with the world! Loved that!
Post that, they go to ARGUS in order to get some help from Curtis and Felicity about the whole thing that his happening (the red skies and lightning) and that's when we learn that Felicity doesn't know anything about Barry and Oliver switching 'bodies', and so that's why she wasn't really in the previous episode. After having her help, Kara, Barry and Oliver set off to Gotham and I just have to mention that Oliver doesn't really believe in Batman and I just loved that he said that he was the first vigilante and blah blah blah... I loved jealous Oliver!
In Gotham City, they are approached by some thefts and end up in jail, which was funny.
Back in Star City, Felicity realizes that what is happening isn't really something that they're used to dealing with so she calls Cisco and Caitlin for help and that's when Cisco just tells what is going on - Cisco being Cisco. Felicity gets really sad that Iris was able to realize that something was wrong and she didn't and that's when we have a really heartfelt conversation between Caitlin and Felicity. Not only that talk was so sweet but it was in that moment that I realized we never really had many moments between Caitlin and Felicity, and I really enjoyed it. Also, this conversation really make this feel like an Arrow episode - Arrow and it's meaningful conversations.
After that, the thing that probably most people were excited about finally happened - the appearance of Batwoman (or should I say Kate Kane). We don't really get a lot into her character but we learn that she's basically in charge of the building that was Bruce's, we also learn that she's Bruce's cousin and, actually, I really liked the Easter Egg there, when Kara and Kate are talking and Kara says that her cousin (Superman) is kind of friends with Kate's cousin (Batman) and the she says 'more like 'frenemies' which was a pretty clear reference to the Batman vs Superman movie which, despite what everyone says, I really liked.
Kate helps them find the guy that has the book as well as, at the same time, The Flash from another Earth is able to breach for a few seconds to our Earth is tells something to Felicity, Cisco, Caitlin and Diggle. Post that, Cisco, Caitlin and Diggle breach to Gotham, where the rest of the Team is and they work on a plan to get inside Arkham Asylum, where this doctor works.
Of course things don't go that well and they get in an huge fight ending with a guy spilling some chemicals and both Barry and Oliver hallucinating. What was interesting about this hallucinations is that Oliver hallucinated (and started fighting) with Reverse Flash, and Barry hallucinated (and also fought) with Malcolm Merlyn (which was a pretty big cameo).
Well, and because this isn't the last episode, of course things couldn't end up well and they don't really get the book. Instead, the Monitor (the mysterious guy from the other Earth) makes the Doctor change reality again, but not before some of the most heartfelt conversations of the episode.
First, Barry and Oliver have a really deep conversation where Oliver admits that Barry have been through a lot and he always thought he had it easy, as well as Barry says that he could never get through what Oliver did and I just loved the whole thing! In the end of that conversation, Barry persuades Oliver to go talk to Felicity and work things out and that's the second beautiful conversation. Some real Olicity moments right there! Loved it!
And yeah, like I said, the Doctor changes reality again and, this time, Oliver and Barry are some thief twins who get arrested by none others then Merlyn and Diaz in the end of the episode. That was such an huge twist right there!
I have no idea where this is going and Stephen Amell said that we have no idea what's coming so... Let's see if this tops off the crossover from last year.
In the meantime (I know you don't have that many time but) let me know your thoughts and I'll see you in an hour if you live tweet with me (@danixinhahhh) if not, I'll see you tomorrow with the last rant of the crossover!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment