Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 8 - "Unmasked"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
As per usual, I'm posting this a tiny bit late, but it's the day after the episode aired so I think that's fine.
Anyway, I don't know how I feel about this episode. For once, as you can see by the banner, this was finally the episode where Katherine McNamara's character was introduced and... You know how I feel about her. She's a sweetheart and I really like her (I actually met her last year on my birthday) but... she's just a bad actress. I can't really talk from this week's episode of Arrow, but from Shadowhunters. And it's not like Shadowhunters was her first role, because it wasn't so... There's really no excuse besides her just not being great, but let's see if she improves on Arrow. Besides that, there was a lot more introduced in this episode which was nice, but there was some stuff that I didn't really like so... This episode is leaving me torn. But let's talk about the main points of this episode.
It actually started with a big reveal which wasn't that surprising, to be honest, which was the identity of the new Green Arrow. They tried to keep it a bit mysterious through out the episode, but they kind of failed because we knew all along, even before this episode, that it was Emiko Queen.
Next, we dive into the flash forwards, and that's when we are introduced to Kat's character - Black Star. In a way, I'm happy that she's part of the future and not a new character in the present, but still... I think she's going to ruin the show as well as the flash forwards for me. Anyway, we find out about her and she's a fighter and all and we learn that she did some stuff for Felicity but, of course, she's hiding something, which we don't really find out what. There wasn't a lot in this week's flash forwards, to be honest.
Then, there were two main things in this episode that took place in present day. One of those is something that I'm pretty sad about, but I kind of get it. 
So, Oliver gets out of prison and all and, right in the beginning of the episode, we some some sweet Olicity moments, which is great, but then... Everything goes to sh*t. Later in the episode they are attacked in their home and... Felicity just takes out a gun and shoots this guy! Which is so surprising to Oliver and that's when they have a talk and Felicity tells him that she's changed and everything and... It doesn't look good for Olicity. Again. But, like I said, I kind of get it. They had to do something with Felicity's character and, in a way, justify what happens in the future and, truth be told, it's a completely normal thing for her to change while Oliver was in prison and afraid of getting attacked by Diaz (which ended up happening). Anyway, I'm not really happy with this new Felicity, but I kind of get it.
The next thing was a much happier one which was Oliver joining the SCPD as the Green Arrow in a way to help catch 'the bad guys'. This was quite something because it means that we are still going to see Oliver as Green Arrow, but we won't need to worry about him getting caught by the police and etc, which is nice. Also, that moment when he told Diggle that he didn't need the mask anymore! Wow! That was pretty deep, and I loved it!
And, before I finish this I just want to say that I'm kind of bored with Diggle's story-line. Not only it seems like they didn't know what to do with his character but also now we are getting back to Diaz and... I just don't like it! I seriously hope they are done with Diaz' story-line and just make Stanley the bad guy for the rest of the season!
Anyway, that's it guys! Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and I might see you tomorrow (I'm still not sure because I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment