Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 15 - "Gimme Shelter"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody!

Back with a new Supernatural rant and, although this didn't develop the main story again (just like last episode) I feel like this one was a lot more enjoyable. 

This one followed a lot more Cas and Jack, while Sam and Dean took a bit of a backseat. What the brothers did in the episode is actually important for the main plot but this episode was really dedicated to Cas and even more to Jack - which we find out why by the end of the episode.

So, let's start with Sam and Dean's story-line because that's shorter and easier to explain. They basically go after Amara to kill her (I can't exactly remember why they need to do that but I'll just roll with it) and when they find her (or more like when she finds them) she tells the brothers that she and Chuck were actually conjoined twins and their separations was what caused the Big Bang. The Winchesters plan is to get Amara to think that they need her to lock Chuck which she says no to up until Dean confronts her about her bringing back Mary. She ends up kind of agreeing to help them so... That's the end of Dean and Sam's story for this episode.

As for Jack and Castiel they go investigate a murder that, turns out, it's just a 'normal' non-supernatural murder. But, with all that has been going on, Castiel agrees to keep on investigating this 'human case', which makes Jack very happy. And this dynamic was what made me love this episode so much. Jack has become an equal to Sam, Dean and Cas in the eyes of the fans and, I think I can talk for everyone, we always want a bit more of Jack. And an only Cas/Jack investigation was something that I didn't know I needed but I was very happy that I got it.

The murder part of this episode was very interesting because it was a mix of Saw - with some really gory scenes and interesting torture devices - and Seven - with the killer going after people that have sinned. Well, int he end, it is revealed that the killer is the pastor's daughter from the center that everyone that was killed attended.

With the case resolved, Cas and Jack head back to the bunker and that's when Jack drops a bomb not only on Cas but also on all of us - that Billie's spell is turning him into a bomb that will cause Chuck and Amara to die but it will also kill him (Jack). I mean, I'm not really surprised. Someone has to die in the end of the show and Jack would be a 'good one'. He's not Sam and Dean, which would make fans really sad, but he's loved almost as much as the brothers and will have the same emotional impact without making the fans angry, which would happen if any of the brothers die. Something must happen to them by the end of the show, I'm sure, but I don't think they'll die. Actually, I have a new addition to my theory - I always said that Sam is going to be the new God. Well, with all this Amara thing and finding out that they were twins and their separation created the Big Bag, I think Dean will be the new Darkness. Sam and Dean are brothers, Dean has always been the darkest/angrier one and Dean even said in this episode that he and Amara had a thing which, is true, but in this case I feel like it means something else. So yeah, that's my new theory - Sam is God and Dean the Darkness.

Anyway, the episode actually ends with Castiel going to find another way where Jack doesn't die but before he tells Dean that there's something he needs to know and... The episode just ends like that. I'm really curious to see what the next episode brings! We are really in the final stretch so... I just want this season to be worth it and have a fairly good ending.

Let me know what you thought of this episode, if you enjoyed Cas and Jack's dynamic as much as I did and which are your new (or old) theories, I would love to know that. And I guess I'll see you next week with a new rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment