Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 8 - "Independence Day"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new The Challenge: USA rant! A little later than usual but, hopefully, you're still interested in my thoughts.

So, I'm gonna get straight into the episode and say that, for once, I was right about the direction the show was taking. Yes, now it is an individual game and I'm actually pretty excited about that! However, they caught me off guard because, this week, was a men's elimination day and I thought they would still do the female and male elimination... Guess I was wrong. Also, this means that the season will have more than 10 episodes, which I'm not mad about.

Well, because now they're playing as individuals, there's a lot more than can do in terms of challenges. This week's challenge wasn't the hardest one - the daily challenge was just running in a floatie of sorts and who got the keys from one point to the other the fastest would win. The twist was that there would be people throwing water at them, but that sort of didn't matter because some of them didn't do it because they wanted certain people to win (or at least to help them). I actually really thought Tyson was going to win this one because it looked like he did it pretty fast but I was wrong - Ben won and, honestly, I should have seen that coming because they really focused on him in the beginning of the episode. As for the girls, Angela won which I'm not mad about. And going straight into elimination was Enzo, which was a little unfortunate because he got injured and that's never fair... But that's the game.

As far as the deliberation goes, it was pretty interesting. First of all, Angela came up with a strategy to protect herself and Alyssa, to make an alliance with the Survivor guys - but only the guys! I guess that's an interesting way to play the game, she was already working with Tyson so it makes sense. With that said, that excludes the Survivor girls - Sarah and Desi. And speaking of Sarah, she's so desperate to get some money to be able to go to the final that she was willing to go against a guy which yes, it would be something never done before but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and, honestly, it just feels like she's trying too hard to show that she's strong. Well, if she's that strong just win a daily challenge!

Anyway... Lastly, we have to talk about the elimination which was Hall Brawl - my favourite! On top of that, Enzo went against Leo which let's be honest, it was pretty obvious that Enzo was going to win (even injured), which was what ended up happening at the end.

To finish it all Leo didn't even say goodbye to everyone, which was really childish.

Next episode it's a girls elimination and I'm super curious to see how everything goes down because 1) we saw in a preview for the remaining of the season that Desi ends up winning one of the daily challenges so, maybe she can win this one 2) Sarah talked a lot about beating Angela in the preview for the next episode and 3) we also saw in the season preview that there will be a pole wrestle so I'm curious to see if it's a girls pole wrestle, which would be really exciting!

I'm not necessarily rooting for any girl to be honest (maybe just Cayla) but I really want to see Angela and Sarah face off and, hopefully, Angela beats Sarah because I'm just so tired of Sarah talking such a big game! 

But that's it from me. Let me know what you thought of this episode and what you thought of Leo's actions at the end of the episode and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment