Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 6 - "A Civil War"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new The Challenge: USA rant and this was an interesting one!

First of all, we saw a lot more of some players that have been laying low this whole time, such as Enzo and David. Actually, the episode starts with them having some conversations about wanting to stand out but, at the same time, trying to lay low and not create any drama. So, of course we knew what that meant - one or both of them were going to be a big part of the episode. Then, I was really surprised that, after everything that happened last episode, we didn't see much of Tyson in this one and no one took a shot at him. Granted, he almost went into elimination because Kyra couldn't finish the daily challenge but they got lucky and Enzo and Justine couldn't do it either so they were the ones going straight into elimination. And well, since we're already on the daily challenge topic let's get to that.

As I said, Enzo and Justine were the ones going straight into elimination. As for the winners, it was between three teams - Desi/David, Alyssa/Danny and Domenick/Angela. Well, as you can guess, David and Desi were the winners (just proving that the beginning of episodes always hint at what's going to happen later on). I was actually okay with both things, the winners and the losers because I couldn't see anything really major and no one that I liked going home. I was wrong.

When it came to the deliberation, Enzo and Justine didn't give any names so it was up to Desi and David alone to pick someone to go against Enzo and Justine. They had a lot of options, actually. They thought about making a big move and sending either Kyland or Tyson, but at the same time the safest options were Leo/Cayla and Derek/Shannon because of the alliances and, out of everyone, I prefered them to choose Kylan and Cashay but they didn't do that. Instead, they went with Shannon and Derek and, as you can imagine, yes, they lost. It was really unfortunate because not only they give their all (and Shannon was injuried) but also because it literally came to the stacking of the tires that kept falling off... It was really unfortunate. But, in the end, I was really happy with their performance and I was really surprised with Shannon because she did pretty good! Unfortunately, they were sent home and, once again, I'm left with not a lot of people to root for.

There's not a lot more to talk about when it comes to this episode and I'm really curious to see what happens in the next one because we have already started repeating partners (Angela was partnered with Domenick again) and we see on the preview that Sarah and Tyson are going to get paired so... That's going to be super interesting! Also, little theory, but I think, based on the preview, that they are going to win the daily challenge (Sarah and Tyson). Not much else to add to that, honestly, but based on their conversation about someone wanting to volunteer, I think they are the winners and they have to pick a team to go into elimination.

But that's it from me. Let me know what you thought of this episode, were you surprised that Enzo and Justine won? Who were you rooting for? Tell me everything and I'll see next week with another rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment