Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 5 - "In Tyson We Trust"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Yes, back with a new The Challenge: USA rant (this time on time) and, in a way, this was a juicy one!

Right away, how they were paired was pretty juicy, mainly because Sarah was paired with Leo, who she talked a lot of sh*t in the last episode. On the plus side, Cayla was paired with Derek and honestly, this episode just made everyone really like Cayla.

She was already one of my favourites, based on previous episodes, but this one just solidified how much I like her and, at this poin, she might be my favourite in this season. She's that type of person that, not only does great in challenges - we have seen that in the elimination she won but we also saw that in this episode - but she's also a great person! And even when she tries to talk game and strategy, she does it in such a nice polite way that I'm pretty sure everyone would do whatever she wants, and I love that about her! Well, as long as she stays truthful and doesn't backstab anyone. I love a good backstab but I tend to root for the people that don't usually lie.

Since we're on the topic of her doing great at in this episode, let's talk about the daily challenge. I've said this before but I'm really impressed with the challenges they have come up with in this spin-off. Not only daily challenges but also eliminations, and this daily challenge was pretty different and really intense!

Usually we see this type of challenge, where they have to go back and forth to see a puzzle on land (aka running). Well, in this episode they did that but swimming, which sort of makes it worse (there's a good number of people that still don't know how to swim). So it was really interesting to see who did good in this challenge and that shows who will, most likely, go further in the game. As I said, Cayla and Derek did amazing! They were in first place for most of the challenge but then, somehow, Tyson and Cashay got all the way from 8th place to first and yes - Tyson won once again! This really solidifies him as the strongest player in this game! However, he sort of made the wrong move here when it came to choosing who to go against the last place - Cinco and Azah. 

Because Cashay won, Cinco told Azah not to pick anyone to go against so Cashay wouldn't have anything to create drama with, and that's what they did. At the same time, because Cashay is from Love Island and Tyson is from Survivor, Cayla and Derek were sort of afraid that they would pick them (since they're from The Amazing Race and Big Brother) so that's when Cayla went to Tyson and talked game with him, sort of throwing Ben under the bus. I didn't really like that because I kind of like Ben, but I can understand her and she's not really backstabing anyone so... It's all good for now.

Well, turns out that little talk did help Cayla! However, because Ben was paired with Justine and Justine is friends with Cashay, she didn't want to throw them into elimination. Instead, they went with Sarah and Leo, and this is where Tyson kind of f*cked up.

Not only he showed that he's not really part of the Survivor alliance (at least, he's not afraid to betray them) but also Sarah and Leo came back (therefore sending Cinco and Azah home) and that's going to create a lot of drama in the next episode. And from the looks of it (from the preview), I think there won't be alliance's from now on anymore. At least, that's sort of what someone said, so that's going to be interesting to see how the game develops.

Post all of that, I'm still rooting for Cayla and Derek and, honestly, I kind of like Tyson as well so... We'll see. I did like Sarah in the beginning but I did not like how she handled her win (the elimination) and how she talked about Leo in her confessionals so... I'm not rooting for her anymore. But that's it from me!

Let me know what you thought of this episode and who are your favourites so far and, is it too early to talk about winners? I personally really think Tyson is going to win... Based on all his wins, it really looks like it, but let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment