Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 4 - "The Mask of the Red Death, Part 1"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Okay, I lied. I wasn't able to post this early... I'm so sorry. I'm not even going to explain anymore, let's just get to the episode.

Last week's episode was actually sort of interesting. Some parts were kind of lame but, overall, I was pretty invested and it kept be guessing the whole time. 

Everything starts with Barry being caught by the Red Death and finding out that Mark is working for him/her. Barry also learns that the Red Death uses artificial speed which is a big deal - it means that it isn't the avatar for the Negative Speed Force - it's someone else entirely new. That's when Red Death tries to trick us (and everyone) multiple times. 

While Barry is imprisoned, the Red Death goes to Iris and tries to trick her into saying she's Ryan Wilder that something happened to her when she went after Red Death but Iris figures out pretty quickly that she isn't who she says she is. After that, Ryan reveals that she is from an alternate timeline where she and the Flash became enemies. After being rejected from the Speed Force, she landed in Iris' timeline and wants to use the Cosmic Teadmill to get back to her timeline. However, she wants to take Iris with her in order to trick her timeline's Flash. 

Post that, Red Death brings Iris to her hideout and threatens her life in order to coerce Barry into powering the treadmill, causing a huge lightning storm. And well, because this is The Flash afterall, Barry is able to get to Mark and he sabotages Red Death's plan, helping Barry to get out and destroying the Treadmill in the process. However, not everything ends well for Mark because after that, he is beaten to death by the Rogues and Team Flash evacuates Barry and Iris, leaving Mark and making us believe that he's dead. Personally, I don't think he's really dead but I've seen the actor post some 'farewell' pictures on Instagram so... That made me question my belief, but I guess we'll see in the upcoming episode.

But that's pretty much it. There were other things surrounding Cecile and Joe, and Allegra and Chester but honestly, none of those storylines are that interesting. This whole thing with Red Death looked better than it is turning out to be, but maybe the next episode will surprise me. As I said, this episode was very engaging and I was interested, but there were a lot of The Flash clichés... I honestly hope they can make the story more edgy and not so predictable... I'm tired of Barry just talking to people and everyone just turning good out of a sudden. I'm also tired of those revenge plots and speedsters going after Barry... I want something new, please give me something different!

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this whole Red Death situation and what you think is going to happen from now on and I guess I'll see you on my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment