Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episdoe 3 - "Rogues of War"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I am so so so sorry for being so late with this rant! It's not even that I disliked the episode that much, because I didn't... Life just got in the way, I guess... But I'm here now so let's not waste any time and get to it!

So, needless to say, that my details on this episode are a little foggy but, I do remember that I enjoyed it overall. It started a little slow - not exactly what I wanted when the preview talked about a theft but then they got to that part and I was super into it. Everything ended up being super cliché and predictable but I'm curious to see where this goes because the end of the episode we see who is the "Red Death", and it is none other than Ryan Wilder aka Batwoman! The only unfortane part about that is that I still have two seasons of Batwoman to watch and I feel like I'm going to miss so many references and whatnot but... We'll see...

But back to the beginning of the episode, the Rogues group (aka the people that are working for Red Death) steal a temporal scanner which makes Barry realize that they're building a Cosmic Treadmill and are only missing one piece. In order to prevent that, Barry decides to steal that piece first, but he realizes he needs some help, so he asks Hartley, Mark, Jaco Birch and Goldface for help. They agree to do so but things go a little sideways when they're trying to come up with a plan but Barry can't fully trust them, so they all decide to do the missing without Barry. 

Of course, thing being The Flash, Barry does end up trusting them and they do get on with the plan but, surprise surprise Mark betrays them in exchange for Frost's resurrection.

The Rogues intercept Barry's group while the speedster temporarily disables his speed and escapes with the piece that they needed.

At the same time all off this is happening, we follow a little bit more of Khione and how she's making connections with everyone, including trying to help Allegra to stop avoiding Chester (after the whole kiss thing). 

Well, the episode ends with Hartley, Jaco and Goldface agreeing to keep helping Barry (aka new Team Flash) and Chester informs that the Rogues' equipment are Wayne Enterprises designs and that Ryan Wilder aka Batwoman is missing. After that that's when we see Red Death unsmaking itself and revealing someone that looks like Ryan (which we don't know just yet if it really is her or not). Personally, I would prefer not being her just because that way they could just use the actor but not get the whole Batwoman storyline involved with this last season of The Flash (otherwise I will miss a lot of things), but we'll see...

The whole thing with the Rogues, although great for fight sequences, as I said, was a little cliché, mostly the whole thing with Mark, but I am happy that Hartley is more involved because he's a delight! I have always loved his character and making him more relevant was the best decision the creators did for this season. As far as the whole Khione thing goes... Unfortunately, I kinda miss Caitlin. I also miss Frost though, but Caitlin has been here since the beginning and either Danielle Panabaker was tired of playing her or the producers just gave into the hate and decided to 'create' a new character for Danielle. It does make sense with the story, but I don't think it was the right move for this final season. 

But let me know what you think of everything - What are your thoughts on the whole Khione thing? What about Mark betraying Team Flash? Tell me everything in the comments and I promise I'll be back earlier this time with the next episode!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment