Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 6 - "The Good, the Bad and the Lucky"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I know, I am super late with this review but I thought, because there wasn't a new episode this week, this would be a good way to remind you (and myself) of what happened last week in order to have it fresh in your mind when the new episode airs next week (that and I've just been busy, let's be honest). So, without further do, let's get to it.

I would say, overall, this episode was a bit of a disappointment. Having in mind that this is the final season, they basically wasted this episode on some dumb story that isn't relevant for the season as a whole. I mean, I guess they can connect it with the Cecile stuff, as well as the Khione stuff (which was the only interesting bit for me) but, overall, this was a waste of time. On top of that, there was no Barry in this episode, which just by itself is a huge red flag.

But basically this episode revolved around Rebecca Sharpe (who, if you remember, her power was being really lucky) and the fact that she was framed for attacking her fiancĂ© Dominic Stewart. That and Cecelie not being able to make it to Jenna's birthday breakfast... Because, as you can imagine, Cecile was obviously the person they called to be Rebecca's lawyer. But of course, things aren't that simple and Rebecca ends up kidnapped by people with dark matter refractors that deflect Allegra's and Cecile's powers. 

Long story short, turns out Dominic's brother Tony embedded a refractor in Rebecca's engagement ring in order to manipulate her powers in is favor and gamble and make some money to pay some debts.

There's not much else I can add to this storyline to be honest. After realizing that Cecile telekinetically removes Rebecca's ring and leaves Tony for Kramer to arrest. It was that simple and they wasted an entire episode on that...

Luckily, at the same time, we also followed Khione and Mark, the later being convinced that Khione has powers. They don't find out anything but while they'e talking, after taking a number of tests and not getting anywhere, Khione conjures a snowfall which makes everyone (including the audience) believe that she must have some sort of powers... But I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

The episode ends with Cecile inviting Allegra to move into Joe's house and Team Flash having a baby shower. Lastly, Chester reveals that Khione is not a human or a metahuman (she's a godess, we know that). That's it...

Overall, as I said, this was a super lackluster episode and again, having in mind that this season is the last one, they really should not waste any episodes with these minor storylines. It might have been interesting in previous seasons, and I get it that this is a way to bring back old characters, but honestly - these aren't the characters we want back... We want Cisco, we want Wells, we want Caitlin... Heck I would love to see King Shark back maybe, or even Jesse Quick... I can't wait, again, for Oliver to appear, as well as Zoom so I'm looking forward to those appearances but, so far, the only one that added to this season was Hartley, who I've always loved and I'm happy he has a more prominent role.

But yeah, I guess that's it from me. Let's hope the next episode brings something new and exciting and, at least, I'm looking forward to finding out more about Khione (and I can't help but ship her with Mark so... there's that). Let me know what you thought of this episode and what are you looking forward for the remaining of the season and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment