Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 21 - "Reunion Part 2"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

So here we are with the final episode of Season 38! 

Overall, I would say this Part 2 was more interesting than part one but, once again, they didn't exactly give us many things... Still, I'm obviously going to talk about the most important moments (in my opinion), starting with... Turbo, of course!

We ended last week's episode with Turbo coming to speak his mind on the whole thing and, of course, he wasn't really there but he wasn't video chatting either - instead, he sent a video and, honestly, it was one of the funniest things that The Challenge has ever put out! Yes, some of it was in bad taste and a lot of it was pretty cheesy, but we can't deny the fact that it was super funny... I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the things he said, besides Fessy, obviously, but it was still funny...

Besides that... Well, they talked about the hook ups (surprisingly they didn't say anything about Moriah and Bananas) mainly the whole thing with Nelson and Olivia which they didn't develop it much but I got a sense that something else happened (and after that clip of them talking backstage, it really looked like Nelson was pushing and Olivia was just not in the headspace to have a relationship which is totally fair and she should definitely work on herself first.). They mentioned Messy Fessy of course, as well as some other hook ups but, to me, The Challenge isn't about the hook ups. Yes, they are the main things to create problems between people, but I don't care about them that much to be honest.

Something more important that they talked about was Tori and how much she talked about her mental health this season which is something really important, however, I feel like The Challenge only did that to look good and be relevant... Still, it is never too much to talk about mental health so I'm all here for it! Plus, Amber revealed that she's autistic which opened a whole another conversation. I don't know how I feel about that though... In a way, yes, it's important and we should raise awareness and I know what autism is a spectrum, but part of me feels like Amber revealed that also to have a reason for people not vibing with her. I always liked her and I never understood why people kept on pocking at her and disliking her... Maybe there's something else that they didn't show us... I don't know... I'm happy for her to finally find out this about herself and for raising awareness, but something feels wrong about this being revealed at the Reunion... 

And yeah, I guess those were the highlights of this Reunion Part 2 - hook ups, Fessy still being Messy with friendships, relationships and with the game and thinking that he's way better than he actually is, Horacio being the exact opposite of Fessy and not really realising how good of a player and a person he is, emotional connections between people and raising awareness for different struggles. 

Post this, we have a new season coming next week already - The Challenge: World Championship so the rants will keep coming. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts on Season 38 as a whole and what are your expectations for the new season! I'll talk to you later with the new The Flash rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment