Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2016

American Horror Story: Roanoke | Season 6 Episode 1 - "Chapter 1"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! 
Finally, the blog is 'up' again, after a long long hiatus. And, just like last year, the first post is an 'American Horror Story' rant but, unlike the last time, this isn't a 'good start'.
That's right guys,my first opinion about American Horror Story's new season isn't the best.
First of all, I must say I didn't really like this new format, simulating a 'documentary'. Second, I found it a bit confusing and, since we didn't know the theme of this years season, I really didn't know what to expect from this, which could be a good thing, but ended up being the opposite.
But, about the actual story... 
I feel like this was just an introduction to the theme (which is still kind of confusing to me) and to the characters. Aparently, this is based on a true story, which makes it a bit more interesting, about Matt and Shelby, who are a couple that decide to move to North Carolina to escape some tragic events. Until now, nothing really creepy but, as you can expect, that's about to come.
The couple moves to an 'abandoned' house (which is already a sign of creepy stuff to come) and that's when the creepy things start to happen, mostly to Shelby. One of the 'coolest'/creepiest things where the teeth falling from the sky, which I quite enjoyed to be honest. Also, all the pig stuff was cool, but left me really confused about everything that was going on.
Really, from this episode, I couldn't find out what was going on in that town and in that house, leaving me really curious to know more and to see more episodes.
Anyway so, after those creepy events, Matt has to leave in a business trip so, in order to not leave Shealby alone, he asks his sister Lee to stay with her and that's when the experience the creepiest thing of them all.
Some creepy people invade the house wielding knives and torches, leaving behind creepy totems and a video of a man being killed by some type of creature who has a pig head. (I know, super creepy).
Shelby wants to leave the house but Matt doesn't so Shelby decides to just escape alone in Matt's car, and that's when she hits a woman on the road. The woman isn't dead nor injured and just runs into the woods and, obviously, Shelby goes after her. She ends up getting lost in the woods and that's when she falls victim of a sinister 'ritual'. And, that's how the episode ends.
After the episode, I ended up searching for the story of the roanoke colony and I found out some pretty interesting stuff that helped me understang better the story of, which seems being the theme of this years American Horror Story so, if you're confused, just do a bit of research and you'll understand it a little bit better.
Anyway, afterall, I was a bit disappointed with this season. All the trailers and all the mistery seemed like this season was going to be huge but, from what I see in this episode, is just going to be... ok... But, let's see, maybe I'm wrong.
So, let me know your thoughts about this season in the comments or in any of my social media and I'll see you next week with a new American Horror Story rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment