Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

American Horror Story: Roanoke | Season 6 Episode 3 - "Chapter 3"


Spoiler Alert!

OMG you guys, this episode!
Ok, now I do really regret not watching this episode live last night because it was so good!
Seriously, if I thought last week's episode was better than the first one, this one was so much better!
I lot of things happened in this episode and we discovered that the story is actually about the roanoke colony but not really the story of the people that were part of the colony, but what those people done to the 'characters' in the series. And, the episode couldn't start better, with a death. Not Flora's, but Flora's dad, Lee's ex-husband.
After that, Shelby suspects of Lee, because she was caught by the security cameras but that's when the police get a lead and Shelby, Matt and Lee find out that the hillbilly family vanished, leaving two of their sons. The scene where they find the sons is really disturbing but, me being the weird person that I am, I found it quite cool, the two sons drinking the pigs 'milk'.
I think AHS have been lacking on 'disturbing' images and some more creepy stuff so it was nice to see that scene.
After that 'dead end', a psychic named Cricket appears in the house and does some witch stuff to talk to the spirits and that's when we find out that Flora is still alive and that's when we learn more about the Roanoke Colony.
I've already searched for the story of it, so must of the stuff that they talked about in the episode I already knew but there was some parts that I didn't know. I don't know if it was just something they made up for the series or if it really happened but turns out the colonists rebelled against Tomasyn, the first lady of the Roanoke Colony, in her husband's absense and left her for dead. Desperated, she gives her soul to a mysterious woman (Lady Gaga's character) and kills the guys that left her to die, taking over the colony, again, forcing them to relocate to what now is Shelby and Matt's home.
And, that's when other of the coolest/weirdest scenes happen. When they are trying to negociate having Flora back, Matt disappears and Shelby goes after him, finding him having sex with the same mysterious woman that Tomasyn sold her soul to.
The episode ends with Matt telling Shelby that he doesn't remember anything that happened and with the police arresting Lee, tipped off by Shelby.
So, as you can see, a pretty intense episode.
I quite liked it, to be honest. It had some pretty gross bits as well as being really intriguing, everything to be a great episode.
Let me know what you thought about the episode and I'll see you next week with a new AHS rant.
Love,
Daniela.




No comments:

Post a Comment