Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 11 - "Seeing Red"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
So yes, I'm a bit late with this review but I got caught with some other stuff and only had time to post this now but you know the drill by now so let's not waste time on that and move on to my actual thoughts on the episode.
This was an episode with a lot of mixed feelings for me. For once, Ralph was back which made the episode already good for me. Then, I also loved the whole Killer Frost story-line on this (which I'll get into in a minute) but the Nora stuff... It bugged me a bit. And mostly the whole Iris thing. You already know that I dislike Iris and with this episode... Damn, I really disliked her!
But anyway so, Cicada is back in this episode and starts killing meta humans from an arrest log provided by someone in the CCPD. Finding out about this, obviously Team Flash has to do something and that's when, in the fight against Cicada, Nora gets paralyzed and with her speed healing slowed down, which leaves her in a bed throughout the whole episode (which was fine by me, to be honest).
The Team finds out about the arrest log and so Cecile goes investigate on who gave him the list while the remaining on Team Flash goes find the metas in the list to save them. (Oh, I should also mention that Cisco wasn't in this episode which, in the beginning, kind of concerned me but, by the middle of the episode, I was okay with it).
While all this is happening, we also see that Caitlin have been working on the cure for metas but, besides the disagreements between her and Killer Frost, she also needs blood from a recently created meta.
Another story is foreshadowed in this episode, which I'm quite interested in, to be honest, which revolves around Sherloque and the fact that he found two different handwriting styles in Nora's journal. He then goes to her to find more about that and that's when the whole thing with Iris goes down, which made me really angry at Iris. Nora is, for sure, hiding something (and I feel like it's more than the Eobard thing)!
Anyway, back to Team Flash.
So, the Team does succeed in locating and bringing together the metas, but Cicada finds them anyway. Then a pretty nice fight goes down and then my boy Ralph goes to the rescue. He's able to get every meta secure while Killer Frost distracts Cicada - and also drawing blood from  him for Caitlin, which was a really nice touch from her.
Cicada ends up escaping but Cecile does find the guy that gave Cicada the list and he is arrested in the end.
And, in the very end of the episode, Barry has a great idea that, to be completely fair, never crossed my mind, which is to appeal to Cicada's heart by trying to cure his niece.
I really liked the outcome of this episode and I'm curious to see what happens now. It's a different approach from the last seasons so... Let's see how this goes.
Let me know all your thoughts and predictions for next episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment