Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 10 - "My Name Is Emiko Queen"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and welcome to the mid-season premiere of Arrow!
Unfortunately, this time, I wasn't able to watch the episode live. Still, I managed to watch it today and so, as usual, I'm here to talk about it.
This episode left me a bit conflicted because, although I liked it, and there were some parts that I really did enjoy, there was also parts that got me really confused and I don't know how I feel about those, for example, the direction that the flash forwards are taking. Also, I didn't enjoy Emiko's character that much and I guess that's going to be a pain in the ass because, from the looks of it, it seems like she's going to be an huge part of the show from now one. But anyway...
As you can suspect by the title of the episode, basically everything revolves around Emiko and I really enjoyed the opening scene, with Oliver beginning his work with SCPD and finding blood belonging to the new vigilante.
Post that, Oliver takes the blood to Felicity, in a way to speed up the process, so she can find out who it belongs to. That's when Felicity reveals that the blood belongs to a woman (which was also a nice touch, saying that they were being a bit sexist) named Emiko, who is Oliver's biological sister as she shares his father's DNA.
This whole thing brings back some memories and some conflict inside Oliver, who begins to doubt if he ever truly knew his father. And that's basically what we see of Oliver in this episode.
Then, we move on to Emiko and really get to know the character.
We see her going to Rene for help after being injured in her quest for justice. We learn the whole thing about how Oliver's dad left them and how Emiko's mum was killed by someone - that someone being the person that Emiko is going after. This being kind of dangerous (it always is dangerous), Rene offers to fight alongside her and then brings Curtis to help them. In the end, they find out that the guy that Emiko thought killed her mum wasn't really who killed her and so we see her frustrated and beginning a new 'quest'.
The last main story line of the episode revolves around Diaz. Right away I got annoyed with this whole thing. I just wanted Diaz to be gone but, to be honest, I kind of liked the outcome of this. So, turns out, Diaz was taken into ARGUS custody in a way to get some information about Dante (I can't remember who that is but... anyway). As you can imagine, Diaz doesn't want to cooperate. That is, until Diggle offers him a deal - he gives Dante's real name (or whatever) and he goes free. I couldn't believe what I was hearing but then Diggle let us know the whole thing - Diaz gets into the Ghost Program - that whole thing where the bad guys get a bomb implanted in their neck. That I did like so... I'm kind of interested to see where this goes.
And, in the very end we see Emiko visiting her mother's grave, where she is confronted by Oliver.
It was a good way to finish the episode and it left me waiting for more.
What didn't leave me waiting for me was the whole flash forward with Rene being mayor of the Glades. It got me really confused so... I don't know what to think about that.
Okay, that's it for today guys. Let me know what you thought of the episode and I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment