Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 10 - "Marathon"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everybody!
I know, I know... Late as always with these rants. I'm just going to get pass that and dive right into the new The Flash episode.
Unfortunately, the come back of The Flash after Crisis wasn't the best. Heck, I would go as far as to say that this was the worst episode of the season. I was pretty excited because Diggle was going to be in this episode and I love to still see some Arrow characters even though the show is over. But, like I said, unfortunately, the main focus of this episode was not the Diggle/Barry story-line. Instead, it was a story-line that was in one of the previous episodes, about Iris and the Citizen girls investigating something and... That just was really boring.
The girls went after an organization called 'Black Hole' which, in theory, looked like good villains for the rest of the season, but they weren't. We still don't know the overall picture. I mean, from what I've noticed, this is going to be the story for the remaining of the season and, needless to say, I'm not happy about it. Also, I don't know if it's just me but maybe Iris just isn't as interesting as Barry?! I mean, I never really liked Iris, to be honest, but this investigation was lead by her and Barry had nothing to do it and maybe that was the main problem.
I don't even know if I should get into much detail because I just don't care about that story. Also, it's the same deal over and over again... They hunt someone, people start dying, they realize they're going after the wrong someone and they 'find' the bad guy in the end. Although, in the very end of the episode Iris finds a 'magic mirror' or something, which is connected to the wife of the main guy that leads the Black Hole. And the thing is, his wife was supposed to be dead but something grabs Iris and pulls her into the mirror. That was genuinely creep, but not enough to make me like this episode.
The other story of the episode, although better, still wasn't enough to make me like this episode.
Yes, Diggle came to Central City to give Barry Oliver's mask, which was in Oliver's will, and pretty soon Barry starts thinking that this is Oliver's way to send him a message. With that, Barry and Diggle go to Lian Yu, in search for Mirakuru, afraid that, after Oliver merged the worlds, something happened and there was still Mirakuru there. But, then they arrive, they don't find any Mirakuru and Diggle realizes that maybe Oliver was just trying to tell Barry to live his life and protect the ones he loves. To be honest, I still think there's something in Lian Yu, but okay... I was happy to have Diggle in the episode and loved the interactions between him and Barry - they made me think of Barry and Oliver, which you know is my favorite bromance.
And well, besides that, the only major thing that happened in the episode is that Cisco leaves to collect his thoughts and just get back to his old self. I don't really know what this means for the rest of the season. Will we ever see Cisco again? I don't know... But I guess that's basically it.
Not my favorite episode and I don't have my hopes up for the rest of the season, unfortunately.
Let me know what you thought and I'll see you soon with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment