Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Sinner | Season 3 Episoe 1 - "Part I"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new series here on the blog!
That's right! I decided to rant about another show. After Arrow ended, I felt like I should 'replace' it and there's so many series that I like and that I want to talk about so here it is. And, I asked you guys on twitter which one would you prefer and, it was actually a tie, but I went with The Sinner. The Sinner is not a show that I've been watching since the beginning. Actually, this is the first season that I'm really following. The previous ones I binge watched but still, I thought they were pretty unique and not only this is a show that always keeps you guessing (which is goo for theories and everything) but this is also an anthology, a bit like American Horror Story so I thought this was a good choice!
As for this season, I must say I was pretty excited about it. In case you didn't know, I'm an huge fan of Matt Bomer (I might have mentioned it on an American Horror Story rant) and if I already was excited about a new season, when they announced that Matt Bomer was going to be the lead of the third season, I was thrilled. And he did not disappoint!
This Season starts off pretty good! The premise is simple but there are a few clues that I think are going to throw us off and surprise us. But basically this season, and what we see in this first episode, is a man that has a car accident and is killed.
The connection between the seasons is Detective Harry Ambrose, who is called to the scene of this car accident. The driver, the one that died, was Nick Haas, a former college friend of Jamie Burns (played by Matt Bomer) who was also in the car but who survived. 
I really don't know what to touch on in this review. There are a few clues that allow us to piece together what happened that night. The only thing that we know, which is shown in the end of the episode is that Jamie did cause the accident and he didn't call 911 soon enough and let 'his friend' die on purpose. His intention with the accident was not to kill him, but after, he did basically refused to help him. Now the question is - why?
In all of this there's also a woman who is really suspicious, in my opinion. The owner of the land where they crashed. It looks like that road only lead to that woman's house so they must have wanted to go there. Also, the woman asks Harry if they had guns which might not look like much but that set a whole plot in my head.
So, my initial prediction, when Nick arrived at Jamie's house, unannounced, and after Jamie tells him he can't keep doing that was that they were lovers. But after the whole thing with that woman and after Jamie's wife asks him he there was anything romantic between them, I have another theory.
As of right now, I think Nick was a Hit-man and that him and Jamie used to do it in College (as they said during dinner). Nick was hired to killed that woman (she must have done something because she knew someone was after her) but Jamie didn't want to be part of that life anymore (hence why they haven't spoken for years). My other theory is that the woman was going to hire them to kill someone and she was, indeed, expecting them. I don't know for sure (obviously, this is only episode 1) but my bet is on my first theory, for now. But knowing this show, this is going to have some plot twists so I can't wait for the next one.
Before I end this rant I just wanted to say that I'm really happy that Matt Bomer got this role. I feel like he always plays similar roles and in this he can really show how good he is so, I'm thrilled and, again, can't wait for more.
Well, I hope you liked this new addition to the blog and let me know if you're a fan of The Sinner. And, if you've never seen it, you should, cause it's really good!
That's it for now. Let me know your initial theories and I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment