Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Sinner | Season 3 Episode 2 - "Part II"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Oh My God I have so many questions!
If I thought I knew where this season was going, this episode really threw me off. I really thought I had things figured out but there was so much that happened that changed and confused my mind. One thing is for sure - there's something clearly wrong with Jamie. The good thing is, that makes for an awesome performance from Matt Bomer, which makes me so happy and really excited to see more!
I guess I can say that, the main focused of this episode, was Nick's hand injury. That was really bothering Detective Ambrose's mind and so he started digging on that. By doing that, he discovered that Jamie and Nick had been together three days before the accident, which was why Jamie said to Nick, in the previous episode, that they couldn't be keep meeting (or something like that).
Through flashbacks of Jamie thinking about it, we see Jamie and Nick having dinner in Manhattan and we discover that it was actually Jamie who reached out to Jamie which initially I thought was the other way around. However, we still see Nick influencing negatively Jamie, and so does Detective Ambrose when he goes through the security footage of the restaurant. But still with that, there was something wrong and weird about the whole thing. Jamie tells Nick that he stopped feeling which lead me to believe that he wanted danger in order to feel something. That is kind of contradictory which my initial prediction, but I still think they were planning on doing something to or with that women who owned the land. But even in that regard we get some information in this episode.
Sonya, the woman, finds a freshly dug grave on her property and a jacket over the shovel. Inside the jacket's pocket Detective Harry Ambrose finds another origami game (which I don't know the name in English, I'm sorry) which makes me question everything again.
All I know is that there's clearly something wrong with Jamie. Everything that we learned in this episode makes me think of a serial killer behavior, but there must be something deeper in all of this. This woman, Sonya, is clearly part of everything that was going on, Nick really wasn't a good influence and him and Jamie obviously used to do something that not only was dangerous but also maybe illegal and, of course, Jamie is reaching rock bottom and eventually he's going to snap.
Needless to say, I'm so enjoying this season! Even more than the last one, I would say. This gets weirder and weirder and we're only on episode two.
Let me know which are your predictions now, after this episode. Did you change your initial theory? Did this new clued made it clearer for you? Tell me everything!
I'll see you next week with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment