Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 11 - "Love Is A Battlefield"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
I'm back with a new The Flash rant and... Same old, same old.
That's right, this week's episode of The Flash was another disappointment. I would go as far as saying that this episode was worse than the previous one. I don't know what the producers are thinking but having Iris in the center of the story is not doing for me. Okay, I know I'm a bit biased because I'm not a fan of her character but still... The show is named The Flash for a reason, and Barry is the center of the show and they're sidelining him and it's not working.
And if that wasn't enough, they bring back an old bad guy (or should I say girl) - Amunet. Don't get me wrong, she's fun and all, but I'm so tired of the same plots and the same villains... They really lost it's track with this whole Crisis thing. I would much rather have Barry vanish in Crisis and just see the Team dealing with that. I think that would be so much more interesting and, of course, having Barry back after a few episodes. That would be really predictable, I know, but it would be so much more interesting that this 'nothing' plot.
I'm not even going to touch on the Amunet story-line because it's just pointless. It was just a plot to have Iris run this plan and kind of show that she's not the real Iris (which we see by the end of the episode). I'm sensing that this 'not Iris' thing will get pretty old really soon but let's hope I'm wrong, because I don't want to see another of my favorite shows fail.
Luckily, there was a nice plot in this episode - Frost and Allegra.
Meanwhile those things where happening with Iris and Barry, Frost convinces Allegra to reconnect with her ex-boyfriend. That wasn't major, but it was a nice little thing. Also, they touched on the Nash being Allegra's father thing and, in the very end, Nash starts seeing a glimpse of Harry. I have no idea what that means, but I'm intrigued.
Overall I just feel like the show lost it's essence. Cisco left for a while, there's no Caitlin and only Frost, Ralph is nowhere to be seen, they put Iris as the 'leader' of the Team Flash and in the center of the show and Barry was barely Flash in this episode. I don't know, I'm just loosing faith. I don't want this to become Supergirl (which I stopped watching because it was getting really bad). As I said, I have hope and I'm going to keep praying that they find their way but I can't see that happening anytime soon.
Well, I'm pretty disappointed in the show, as you saw but I would love to know what are you thinking of this last episodes post-crisis. Do you feel the same way as I do or do you like having Iris be a main character in all this? Let me know everything and I'll see you soon in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment