Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

Peaky Blinders | Season 6 Episode 5 - "The Road to Hell"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back again, now with the long overdue Peaky Blinders review. Unfortunately, I'm just not really feeling this season. I mean, last week's episode was pretty good and definitely my favourite this season, but I feel like there's way too much going on and the main story that interests me hasn't been as well explored as I wanted it to be.

Honestly, I really enjoyed how the episode started, with Tommy entering the Chinese shop to stop them from selling Opium to Arthur (in an attempt that I assume is to get Arthur back on track in order for him to take care of the business and the family once Tommy is gone). 

After that Tommy introduces Duke as his son and, to be honest, this plot is coming really out of nowhere and I feel like we didn't really need it. I guess this is to show both of Tommy's side in each of his sons, as he says to Duke later in the episode - one of them is the light and the other is the dark (we all assumed Duke was the dark but I saw a theory online saying that Charles might be the dark since he has grown with Tommy and learning his 'shady business' while Duke grew up with the love of his mother). 

Back to Arthur, we do have Linda back, which is kind of bittersweet. Still, there's some Peaky Blinder's sh*t happening in this episode when Arthur, Finn, Isaiah and Billy kill a guy, making Billy a target of Jack Nelson. 

Something else that really came out of nowhere was Tommy sleeping with Diana. What?! He does this as 'a payment for Diana's cause' but later on we find out that this was Mosley's plan all along - for Tommy to be unfaithful and then showing up at his house and revealing it to Lizzie. 

The episode ends with what we have been expecting all this time - Michael saying that he is, indeed, going to kill Tommy.

I don't know about you but this felt like, although there were a lot of plots, not much happened exactly. We've known about Michael ever since the last season so we've waited all this time for something to happen, and the same goes for Mosley, although there's more revolving around him - still, not enough for me.

Anyway, let's see what the last episode brings and in the meantime let me know your thoughts and predictions. I'll talk to you next week with the Series Finale rant!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment