Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 11 - "Resurrection"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with the only show I'm review at the moment - The Flash.

This was the episode that we have all been waiting for! After the reveal at the end of the last episode, we were all excited that Ronnie was (probably) coming back, but at the same time, we all thought it was so predictable all that was happening. Well, I guess it still was predictable in this episode, but they did switch some things up.

The beginning of the episode was pretty much what we saw in the preview - Caitlin realizing that it's Ronnie in the Black Fire, telling that to Team Flash and Barry not being 100% sure about her plan on bringing him back. Obviously I'm not going to get into the science of it all and their plan because I don't quite understand all of it. With The Flash, we pretty much have to accept that they know what they're doing and just go with it.

However, Cecile hears Ronnie begging her to set him free and, post that, Barry and the other decide that it's probably best if they just trap him in the sphere and, as he asked, set him free (which is basically killing him again). Of course Frost stays on Caitlin's side and the both of them form a plan of their own.

During this whole episode we also get a bunch of flashbacks from Caitlin and Ronnie, how their relationship developed and, ultimately, how they got engaged - which leads us to the final 'battle' of the episode.

The Black Flame goes to the place where Caitlin and Ronnie got engaged and Barry and Team Flash follow it and try to trap the flame in the sphere. But then Caitlin and Frost arrive and destroy it. Caitlin uses the quantum splicer that they worked on to 'fix' Ronnie and he does appear but he faints right after.

Later that night Ronnie awakens and reveals to Caitlin that, guess what?! He isn't the real Ronnie and transforms into Deathstorm!

As I said, we all thought Ronnie was coming back, which he did in a way, but some people also thought this black flame was Deathstorm so... I guess in the end we were all right and the writers aren't that smart because we all thought of all the possibilities.

I am really curious to see where this new villain takes us in the story because this honestly looks like a really interesting villain! Not a speedster and one that looks pretty hard for Barry to defeat so... Let's bring it on!

Oh, there was also some things happening with Iris storyline ultimately ending with Tinya making Iris disappear and Sue going to Barry to tell him what happened.

I'm also interesting in this whole Iris situation, but I think there's way too much going on. Deathstorm looks like a difficult villain to defeat and there's this whole time thing happening to Iris, as well as the whole Tinya situation... Yeah, it looks way too much but... We'll see.

And I guess that's it from me. I am curious to see where all of this takes us but the show isn't there yet. It's not as good as it used to be and, honestly, all the new characters aren't really doing it for me... I miss Cisco, I miss Harry/Harrison/all his identities, I miss Ralph, I miss Julian and it looks like Joe is leaving the show as well so... There's not a lot of people that I truly like left so... It really is time for the show to end. We still have Season 9 because it was renewed but I hope that is the last season.

Anyway, let me know what you thought of this episode. Did you predict all of it? Or did you think Ronnie was really back? Tell me everything and I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment