Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 1 - "The United States of Challenge"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

So this is something new! I mean, it's still The Challenge and still follows the same The Challenge rules but, this times, the contestants are all new and that's something quite interesting for me! Well, they're not entirely new because they're from other reality shows such as Survivor, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, etc... But, because I don't watch any of those shows, they're all new to me and I don't have anyone that I'm rooting for right away. That can be a good and a bad thing because, on one hand it's interesting to see how everyone plays and starting to side with some people, but at the same time I don't have a lot to say in these first rants because I'm not attached to anyone. With that said, let's get into the actual episode.

This is one of those cases where episodes take a long time introducing everyone - they aren't able to really introduce everyone but they try. As I said previously, right away, I don't have a favourite. I'm still seeing how everyone plays and who seems strong but I can tell you that I'm not vibing with the girls from Love Island. Also, I always vibe a lot more with the people  from Survivor because I think that's the show that's the most similar to The Challenge and they are the strongest so I'm paying attention to those from Survivor.

As far as challenges go, this first one was nice - tamed, but nice - and basically everyone did pretty well. And, for the rules, they had to team up in this first challenge and we were led to believe that these were going to be the duos for the whole season but, at the end of the episode, TJ reveals that the teams are going to change every single week and, not only that but they will also be picked randomly and they won't get the same partner (for as long as they can do it). 

We did have an elimination in this episode, which was one of those where you have to tangle the rope but, honestly, I can't really remember who won and who lost, or even who went into the elimination (I'm sorry, I'm still trying to remmeber everyone). Also, I completely forgot to mention that there's also another twist where you have to have a certain amount of money in your personal bank account in order ro run a final so, for each daily challenge you win and for each elimination, you get a certain amount of money and, in the end, only those with 5000$ can run the final (which was the amount Angela and Tyson won for the daily challenge). And since we're talking about Angela and Tyson, they do look like a pretty strong duo so I'm paying attention to them. If I'm not mistaken, Tyson is from Survivor so, obviously, he was going to be good. Let's see how he does in the future.

Well, I guess I don't really have anything else to say so let me know what you thought of this first episode (I know there's a new one coming out tomorrow) and if you are familiar with any of the contestans and, as of now, who are you rooting for. Tell me everything and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment