Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 3 - "Declarations of Independence"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

I'm back from my holidays and of course, the first thing I had to catch up on was The Challenge: USA.

I gotta say that this new spin-off has been pretty refreshing. I like the fact that I'm not necessarily rooting for anyone. With saying that, I was indeed rooting for James in this episode (after last episode I grew fond of him) and I was crushed when he was sent home at the end. Plus, I really disliked everything that Domenick said and did in this episode so it just made everything worse. From the feedback I saw online, people found it funny the interactions between Cashay and Domenick. Personally, I just thought he was so damn rude to her, diminished her based on her age and looks and, at the end, she was the reason why they won the elimination. Granted, just like everyone online, I also think he did it on purpose - he wanted to go home and just faked forgetting to plug the drain so... But, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Let's talk about the weekly challenge first.

Just like that elimination, the weekly challenge was sort of complicated. It had multiple steps, starting with running to then build a ladder and lastly one part of the duo had to balance on a narrow plank while the other got letters to form  a phrase. I was sad that James and Tasha lost right away, and then Kyland and Angela won - Ben and Kyra almost had it and I was rooting for them so it was double sad for me.

Then, when it came to the deliberation, the winning pair always asks the loosing pair who they want to go against and, this time, they knew they weren't going to pick anyone from Big Brother so they only had two options - Domenick and Cashey (who they went with) or Leo and Justine, which created a lot of drama right away. I can't blame them though because I really didn't expect that from James. However, I just couldn't help it still be rooting for him, and that's why I was said when he lost the elimination.

Well, since I've talked about the elimination already, I don't think I have anything else to add. I'm excited for the next episode because it's Trivia, which is my favourite. Plus, I'm curious to see how these new players are with Trivia - it's going to be interesting for sure! And well, without James the only two people I sort of like is Cayla and Tyson... Let's see if I warm up to anyone else.

Post that, let me know who are you rooting for, what you thought about James wanting to go against Leo and who were you rooting for in that elimination? Let me know everything and I'll talk to you very soon with a rant for Episode 4.

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment