Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 20 - "Negative, Part Two"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!

I know, I know... This is super long overdue and I apologise not only for that but for the lack of detail I'm going to give in this rant because, truth is, I've seen this episode almost a month ago and I don't remember a lot of details. I'm going to try and be as detailed as I can get, but I can't promise you anything. With that disclaimer, let's get into the Season Finale of The Flash!

Something I can tell you right away is that this was pretty lame. Everything this season that revolved around the forces wasn't great and honestly the only interesting thing about this episode was actually the turn that Iris' storyline took. I still think it's lame that they didn't make a bigger deal about her death (like, really make it look like she died and only bring her back next season) but I liked the attention to detail that they gave her, which I wasn't expecting and I barely remembered that Time Stone thing. Well, turns out that that stone that Damian Darhk gave Joe in Armageddon meant something and now the stone felt like Iris still had more to give to the world so it saved her in there. I know, it's pretty cringey, but at least they brought back something from previous episodes and tied everything together.

Apart from that, I really didn't like the whole Cecile thing of her reaching to Bashir and bringing the good forces back to fight the negative forces... That was so cringey! And I honestly don't know what else to tell you about that because that was it! They brought them back and Barry alongside with them fought Thawne and defeated him - end of story.

After that, everything went back to normal - Iris was cured from her time sickness, Meena looses her powers, Tinya and her mother are reunited and the only different thing is that Cecile now has the power of telekinesis which, again, is pretty cringey. And lastly they just showed a little bit of that Caitlin storyline where we see Mark encounter someone that he claims to be "a friend". 

Overall, nothing was really exciting about this episode, and for a season finale, it was pretty disappointing. I seriously hope the next season is the last because they don't have exciting stories to tell anymore, and on top of that, the CGI has become worse and worse so... Yeah, just try to end on a better note but end it. 

That's it from me guys. I know I'm posting this really late but let me know what you thought of this episode and the season overall and I'll see you with a new The Flash rant next season!

Love,
Daniela.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment