Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 2 - "The Rising Son"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! So, the new Supernatural rant is finally here!
Once again, I'm so sorry I took way too long with this rant. Actually, I always regret I take too much time with this Supernatural rants because the episodes have been so good! Seriously, I promise you that the next one will be up in time (on Friday) because I just can't wait for the new episode.
Well, as you can see, I'm pretty stoked about this new season! I think I've already said this in my previous Supernatural rant but I think this season is going to so much better than the last one! And, if they do end the series with this season, I won't be entirely mad. Of course I will be a little bit, and a little bit sad as well because this show just turned out to be my second favourite show ever and I just don't want it to end ever but the truth is there has been a lot rumors going around about this being the show's final season (actually, in this episode Sam even said 'this is the end' and I know they meant the last Prince of hell but yeah, I just took it a little bit as a hint) so I'm getting prepared for the end.
Anyway, but we don't know if that's going to happen and, if it does, there's still plenty of episodes to watch so let's just talk about this last one with was phenomenal!
This episode starts with the boys and Jack getting back to the bunker but, eventually, having to stop in a motel to have some rest.
Starting of the episode just right way with Jack imitating Dean. I just loved that scene and I love the fact that Jack kind of sees Dean as a role model (which he kind of is, to be honest) and Dean's reaction is just hilarious so I just loved the way it started.
In that motel, they are met by Donatello, the prophet, who was drawn there by Jack's powers.
Realizing that if this is happening to Donatello, it is probably drawning a lot of other creatures (such as angels and demons) they decide to give Jack more protection and for that they try to get him warding tattoos but Jack reflexively attacks the tattoo artist for hurting him and then his body heals the ink away.
The boys keeps 'fighting' because Dean sees this as 'proof' that Jack's evil but Sam sees this as lack of control. I personally agree with Sam. Actually, I got a little bit mad with Dean in this episode. Seriously, he needs to stop being so stubborn. Really, I just want them to actually like start training Jack so he can control his powers because, for me, it's clear he doesn't want to hurt anybody, he just doesn't know how his powers work, he's lost. That made me feel really sorry about him, specially in that moment when he's basically crying and then in the very end of the episode when he's stabbing himself because he doesn't understand what he is. That was pretty sad.
In this episode we are also introduced to a 'few' new characters, mainly Asmodeus, the last Prince of Hell.
We already knew that someone was going to take Crowleys place and he finally find out who it is - Asmodeus, but he says that is just until they get Lucifer back because he's going to be the one rulling Hell. I don't know about you, but I don't think that's what is really going to happen because we then find out a little bit of Asmodeus' story and we learn that Lucifer actually got mad at him once and basically scratched his face so I think they are going to 'fight' eachother and that the boys are going to team up with Lucifer again, in the very end, to fight not only Asmodeus, but also the creatures that he's trying to free - the Shedim - Hell's darkest creatures, that not even Lucifer wanted them around.
So, yeah, we basically already know who (or what) is going to be the main villain this season - Asmodeus and his Shedim. I believe he will be able to free the Shedim before the season finale, but I also think the main storyline is going to be trying to stop Asmodeus from freeing the Shedim so, yeah. Oh, that and obviously trying to get Mary back.
Since we're already in the Mary subject, I need to meantion the alternative universe scenes that we saw.
We learn what's Lucifer's ultimate plan, which is prett basic but pretty good as well - just trade Mary for Jack - simple as that. 
While they're there, they encounter a lot of obstacles (as expected) and, at one time, Lucifer even saves Mary which I just couldn't help but make me ship them. Please, don't think that I have a twisted mind (I kind of have, but yeah) I just can't help it. Plus, at one time, when Lucifer is fighting Michael, I could see Mary kind of worrying a little bit about Lucifer. I mean, it could probably be just me trying to see things that weren't there but I don't know, I felt some type of chemistry and, since they're there basically by themselves, they are going to have to have each others back so, I wouldn't be surprised, and I would actually like it, if they developed some type of relationship.
Anyway, back to the real world, Asmodeus actually gets an old of Jack and almost gets to free the Shedim. Luckily, Sam and Dean get there in time, just to see what's happening and for Asmodeus to threat them. Then, Jack shows another 'proof' that he's not really evil and actually saves the boys, which was so beautiful, really, I'm loving Jack!
And yeah, that's basically it guys. I'm loving this season and, like I said, I think this is going to be one of the best! I don't think it will top Season 5 as my favourite but it will be, for sure, be on the Top 5.
Let me know what you thought about this episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment