Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 1 - "Lost and Found"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, here it is, the final rant that I'm really late with (I know now I also have to post a new AHS and a new The Flash but yeah).
Well, I have to admit that I had to watch this episode basically two times. Not because it was bad and I couldn't understand it, but because I've just been too tired and I just fell asleep. Still, I'm so glad I got to watch it a second time because now I really understand everything and I have really strong opinions about basically everything.
First of all I need to mention the montage of the 'previously' with that Metallica song, which was phenomenal! Probably the best ne so far so congrats to the editing team because it was amazing!
Then, I have to say that they portrayed everything like I imagened it to happen.
From what Jensen and Jared have said in previous interviews, such as at Comic Con, they said that Sam would be the one to think long term and that give Jack the benefit of the doubt and that Dean is the one to shoot first and ask questions later and, the way they played it on screen was just like I imagined it to be so that was huge for me and I really liked that.
And, since we're in the topic of Jack... He was a good surprise for me. First I loved the fact that they picked Alexander Calvert to play him because I already loved him from Arrow (he was Anarchy, in case you can't remember) so I got really surprised and happy at the same time to have him on Supernatural and playing this huge character. But, really about Jack, I really liked the whole thing they did with him. Like I said previously, he was basically everything that I thought he would be and I seriously can't wait to see more of his human side and just see him learn about the world because, in fact, he's just 1 day old (just like Sam said) so I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
Throughout this whole episode we see Jack 'learning' about the world after leaving Sam and Dean, as well as looking for his father, and just going to a Dinner, going to a police 'station' after. Of course stuff happens and Sam and Dean end up telling the sheriff about the monsters and everything that they do. While Dean is explaining all this stuff to her, Jack tells Sam that he learned English and grew up quickly from his mother who told him the world was dangerous. And then we learn that Jack believes that Castiel is his father and not Lucifer, again because his mother said that Castiel would protect him.
Three angels then show up wanting to use Jack's powers for themselves and here's when we see a glimpse of what the producers said previously about Jack not being the real villain this season but instead someone else, who they hinted was Michael, which after this I really believe so.
Of course in the end Sam and Dean get rid of those angels but, in the process, Jack is stabbed in the heart but nothing happens to him, which was a big surprise for me. That left me wondering what would kill him?! 
In the end, Dean agrees to take Jack to the bunker but only until they can find a way to kill him.
We also see some flashbacks of Dean 'praying' to Chuck to help them and bring back Cass but with no luck, which really broke my heart. Everytime I see Dean said it always breaks my heart.
They then give Castiel and Kelly a hunter's funeral, also saying goodbye to Crowley and to Mary whom they assume Lucifer killed in the alternate universe.
The last very scene of the episode is from that alternate universe, where we see that Lucifer doesn't kill Mary because he needs her for something.
I don't know about you, but I feel like this season is going to be better than the last one and I'm really looking forward to it.
And, just a side note, would it be sick to ship Mary with Lucifer?! I mean, they are going to spend some time togehter in that alternate world and I don't know, I just felt some chemistry in that last scene. Please tell me I'm not the only one and that I'm not gross.
Anyway, also let me know your thoughts on the episode and I promise I'll have a rant for the next episode up tomorrow.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment