Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 2 - "Mixed Signals"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and welcome to the final rant of the day.
I was going to watch AHS first because, to be honest, I've been way more excited about AHS then The Flash, but my sister watches AHS with me and she was busy with other stuff so, that rant will be up tomorrow.
Anyway so, I guess we are back to basics with The Flash!
The producers have already said that they were going to change things up a bit and get back to the feel of the first season (afterall, after last season that wasn't that great, they had to do something about it) and it is pretty obvious the uplifting feel of the show.
If it was already different from Arrow, now it is even more because I can see a side of comedy in basically every character, but mainly on Barry, which kind of makes me suspicious. I still think something is wrong with him. In this episode they touch a little bit on that but they makes us believe that it's only a thing between him and Iris, but I think it's a lot more. It couldn't just be that messed up mind in the first episode and now everything is ok, I just don't by that, so I'm going to keep waiting for them to find something wrong in Barry.
Also, we are back to basics with the usual metahumans villains of each episode. I quite like that, but sometimes is a little bit tiring. I guess it's fine now, but I want more substance about the main villain.
We also finally see the improved Flash suit, which involves a lot of tech and which will be a problem by the end of the episode.
Oh, and again about getting back to 'the basics', we also get Gypsy back in this episode. I've heard somewhere that she's going to be a main character now. I don't know if it's true, but I'm so down for it. Not only I love her, but I also love her relationship with Cisco, which we had a bunch in this episode and which I loved. Seems like they are daiting for real and it was just so cute! Even with Cisco cancelling all the plans and everything. I mean, you can't be mad at Cisco, can you?!
And well, the usual happens. They find about the metahuma, try to find out a way to stop him and yeah, that was pretty much what also happened in this episode. The only difference is that, once again, like in the previous season, the metahuman wasn't created by the particle accelerator incident, and this metahuman said that there's a lot more of him (that were 'created') and we kind of see it in the very end of the episode, so I predict that the Team is going to deal with another one of those metahumans in the next episode.
Well, I guess that's pretty much it!
It was an average episode. It wasn't bad but I think The Flash can do a lot better so, I'll be waiting for that.
Let me know your thoughts and I'll see you tomorrow!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment