Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 3 - "Next of Kin"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Just like promised, here I am with the last rant of the week - Arrow.
I have to be honest, I was a little reluctant about this episode, because of the whole thing about Diggle now being the Green Arrow but I gotta say, the ending made up for the entire episode.
But first things firsts, let's start with how the episode actually started.
We see the 'new' Team Arrow, with Diggle being the Green Arrow now taking on Faust, but with John refusing to shoot Arrows. At the same time, Oliver is dealing with the city council beginning a draft anti-vigilante bill.
But yeah, let's just say that arresting Faust was just a 'warm up'. I guess it was just for us, the audience, wrap our heads around the fact that Oliver 'isn't the Green Arrow anymore' and get used to see Diggle as the new Green Arrow, because after that the 'real' villain of this episode appears.
Some rougue CIA operatives begin hunting down a former member in order to silence him and, to do that, they basically steal some type of gas from a company so, of course, Team Arrow tries to stop them. The issue this time isn't with the fact that Diggle doesn't shoot arrows or about is tremors (which he says he doesn't have them anymore) but with him (Diggle) having some leadership problems, not being able to 'be in charge'.
Because of that, Rene goes talk to Oliver and basically asks him to get back. At that point, I really thought Oliver was coming back, which I was actually pretty happy about. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Diggle but I just prefer Oliver as the Green Arrow and I know he's coming back eventually but, until then, it's going to be a little bit weird, although I'm also enjoying to both have a stronger storyline for John and to see Oliver just as mayor, it's been interesting.
Anyway, after talking to Rene, Oliver goes to the bunker to not only talk to John but also to ask Felicity to help William with his math test, which I just loved (you know I'm an huge Olicity fan so you can imagine how thrilled I was with all of this).
Well, as you can imagine, Oliver doesn't come back to the team (yet) and Team Arrow goes on with the mission. They eventually track down the rogue group of mercenaries led by Onyx Adams to a hotel and engages them, defeating them all and saving the civillians from that gas that I mentioned before.
With that set, Oliver now had to deal with the bill against vigilantes. Well, with no way to stop it, Oliver converts it to a city-wide referendum.
And then comes the best parts. In the very end, Felicity and Curtis give Diggle an arrow-firing crossbow and then, by favourite part - Oliver goes to Felicity with a gift, because William ended up having an A on the math test and that gift is nothing else then keys to his apartment which means they are together again! Oh my god, finally! Also, it took them three episodes to finally kiss! I was feeling the tension in all the scenes they had together this past episodes, but they finally did it!
Once again, you can see my fangirling show. I just can't help it, I love Olicity, they're one of my favourite ships ever and I just think they're going to make a beautiful family, Oliver, Felicity and William, I just can't picture it!
Oh, but the episode doesn't end like that! In the very very end we see Diggle injecting himself with some drugs to control his tremors. Again, I'm not liking this, but I'm loving the fact that we have a solid storyline for Diggle so, in a way, I'm happy with all this. This leaves room for a lot of things but I can't really see who's going to be the major villain this season so, I'm curious about that.
Ok guys, that's it!
I hope you enjoyed it and let me know all your thoughts about everything that happened in this episode and is happening this season!
I'll see you next week with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment