Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 1 - "The Flash Reborn"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello and welcome back to the tv shows season!
Basically all the shows are back and, unfortunately, it all happened while I had a busy personal week, so that's why there wasn't basically any rants last week and there should've been tons!
I'm going to try and update everything before the new episodes air but I'm not going to make any promises because tomorrow I will have another busy day so I might not be able to post AHS and The Challenge on time. Still, I'm going to post the AHS rant that I'm behind today so, be on the look for that.
Anyway, enough rambling and lets strat with the rant!
I'm starting this 'rants update' with The Flash!
Just like I said, last week was the premiere of basically all shows, including The Flash. I should say that, out of all, The Flash wasn't the one I was really looking forward to. I still love The Flash to death but after that last season, Arrow won my heart (once again) so I'm so much more excited about Arrow (which it's rant is coming up next). Still, I need to say that this first episode was actually good. It wasn't like amazing, because I think a first episode is never amazing, but it was good and it had some stuff that I wasn't really expecting so, that was a plus.
So, the episode started with some stuff that we already knew - like Iris have been running Team Flash, and the appearance of the new villain, a 'Samurai' of some sort. We later in the episode find out that the Samurai isn't really the villain (which we already knew). We already knew that this season's villain is someone called 'The Thinker' but I always thought that it had the appearance of the Samurai, guess I was wrong. What caught me really by surprise was the fact that we see the face of this villain right in the end of this first episode, which is something new. To be honest, I quite liked it.
Everyone have been tired of all the suspense through this past three seasons about who's the villain and all so it was a really nice touch to have it revealed right in the first episode so, congrats on that The Flash, that was really cool!
Something not so cool, and that I really don't like is that fact that Tom Felton isn't part of the cast anymore.
Once again, we already knew this, but having them say it in the episode, that Julian went back to London just broke my heart. I was really enjoying his character and I loved him with Caitlin so it was a really downside for me.
Talking about Caitlin... Well, we already knew this but yeah, Cisco finds a way to bring Barry back and asks Caitlin for help, and she basically re-joins Team Flash.
They are able to bring Barry back (obviously, duh) but Barry is really messed saying random stuff and writting some weird symbols.
This also took me by surprise, mostly because of Grant's acting! It was really quite something! He was great, really! Plus, I need to say that he looks even hotter this season. I don't know if it's the fact that his engaged but I don't know, whatever he's doing, makes him look great.
Anyway, and then that's when they work on both, trying to make Barry get back to normal and fight the Samurai and, in order to basically do both, Iris gives herself up to the Samurai and yeah, basically Barry saves her and gets back to normal.
I'm really curious on how this is going to play out because I'm sure Barry is going to find some issues with everything that happened in the Speed Force. It can't just be that and now he's back to normal, I'm sure it doesn't work like that and he's going to go through some problems so, I'm looking forward to that.
Something else that I'm really looking forward to is the Caitlin storyline. Out of all, her storyline looks the best so, I can't wait to find out more about that Amunet guy and everything that she's going through with fighting the Killer Frost side of her.
And yeah, that's basically it.
Like I said, this first episode wasn't amazing, but it was good and I think it sets the tone for the rest of the season.
Let me know all your thoughts and I'll see you later with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment