Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 7 - "Valerie Solanas Died for Your Sins: Scumbag"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, like promised, here I am to talk about the latest AHS episode.
Unfortunatelly, today's rant won't be that good. The truth is, I didn't like this episode. Seriously, I basically never say this because I always try to see the good things in each episode and, although this episode had some, the bad stuff had an heavier weight.
In this episode, right in the beginning, we see that Kai was successful with his plan and that he actually won the election, and that Ally is incarcerated for her supposed involvement, although this episode didn't say much more about Ally, which I was hoping it would.
After that, we enter the main topic of this episode - Man vs Woman.
We get to see a lot of flashbacks from Valerie Solanas (portrayed by Lena Dunham) and her activism against Men and ultimately she killing Andy Warhol.
And, I have so much to say about this!
First of all, people were already pissed at the fact that Lena Dunham was in the show and then Ryan Murphy gives her this role?! I mean... I don't know about you, but her character pissed me off like a lot! Plus, this whole thing about Man vs Woman was just out of control.
We learn that she was the first female cult leader and all that and we have learned by now that this is how a cult opperates but... There was just something about her character that I didn't like. Also, he way they approached this subject I just think was really wrong, mostrly for nowadays. 
Nowadays there's so much going on about feminism and this wasn't feminism. Feminism is equal rights for man and woman and Valerie was just against man and just wanted to kill them all.
I know we have to take in consideration the context, because at that time man really treated woman shitty so I kind of get it, but at the same time I don't.
And then, they mixed everything up with the Zodiac Killer. In fact, I don't know if there's any correlation between this two events but I'm really interested in serial killers and all that and I've seen some videos about the Zodiac Killer and I've never heard of Valerie Solanas or the SCUM 'cult' so, I don't know. I like that subject, but I think they mixed a lot of things in just one episode.
In the end, everyone leaves Valerie and she ends up dying alone.
But, because, like I said in the beginning, not everything was bad, I had to mention Evan Peters acting because he was really great in this episode. I mean, he's always great, but he portrayed two really different characters in just one episode so, congrats to him! Seriously, he's so unapreciated, he deserves a lot more credit because he's an amazing actor.
Anyway, they then tie everything up to the present day, where Beverly meets Bebe (Solanas' old lover) and Beverly then introduces her to the other girls of the cult (Ivy and Winter) and then they start thinking about a 'plan' 'against' mean, but mostly Kai.
Kai then knows about Winter's interest on Solanas' 'life' and tells her about Harrison makind sexist comments and the girls put their plan in practice right away.
They end up killing Harrison and, in the very end, we learn that Kai had hired Bebe in order to test the women's loyalty.
That was really a shocking moment for me and I'm really curious on how everything is going to tie up in the future.
Well, I guess that's pretty much it.
Unfortunatelly, this wasn't the best AHS rant, and I'm sorry about that but, like I said in previous posts, I'm here to be real and be honest with my opinions so, this were my thoughts on this episode and I hope you guys understand.
Let me know if any of you thought the same and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment