Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 3 - "A Bumpy Ride"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new episode of The Challenge and... Fessy is back. 

That's right, we weren't able to have that many episodes with Fessy going under the radar. And in this episode he was actually the main event. Not only they had a little story of how he wants to go by his first name Faysal, to shed light on his culture and what his name really means (a foreshadowing of how the episode would go), which I completely understand, although I will probably keep calling him Fessy, but yes... He was the winner of this week's challenge. I really wanted things to go down another path but... No luck this time.

This season I'm facing something that has never happened to me - I pretty much like everyone. I like most of the rookies this season, and I do have a soft spot for the rookies, but Bananas is part of the Vets and there's actually a few Vets in this season that I love, so it was hard for me to side with someone in this episode.

I've talked about the daily challenge, which Fessy and Moriah won, but two rookies were so good in this challenge - Ravyn/Johnny and Horacio/Olivia. Clearly the rookies are stepping up this season and that's why Fessy and Moriah decided to pick all rookie teams to maybe go into elimination - picking Ravyn/Johnny (the second best of the daily challenge) to go straight into elimination. And then it was time for the draw.

Something really dumb happened the night before with Tommy and Analyse. I actually like them but they really weren't smart about their game - they went to both Olivia/Horacio and Colleen/Kim and made a deal with them, saying that if they picked the Safe dagger, they would save them. Guess what?! They did pick the Safe dagger and they had to choose someone to go against Ravyn/Johnny. Just that was not smart at all, but what they did next was even worse.

The elimination was clearly a Double Hall Brawl so you would think Johnny and Ravyn would do pretty well and, because of that, you should pick Colleen and Kim - that way Johnny and Ravyn would stay, be a number on the Rookie Alliance (a team that does perform really well and wins challenges) and send home the team that they basically scr*w over. But no... They picked Olivia and Horacio to go into elimination and the worst case scenario (for Tommy and Analyse) happened - Oliva and Horacio won. To me, it was the best because I do prefer them over Ravyn and Johnny, but for Tommy and Analyse it wasn't. Now the team they scr*w stayed and they sent home a strong rookie team... Really not smart.

That was pretty much it in terms of game. I guess the only other thing I need to mention is Jordan and Aneesa getting into the game. It was major for everyone, yes, but it was even major for Tori, and her conversation with Jordan was actually really powerful. I never really liked Jordan but since him and Tori got together (and now broken up) I can see he has changed... It must have been really difficult for Tori to have Jordan come into the game without her knowing (because he knew she was there) and having that talk... It really was a powerful moment and I had to talk about it.

Of course, this episode ended with another hint at another (and I think last) new team to come into the game. I don't know why they kept it a surprise because we all know it's Darrell and Veronica so... Really unecessary, but I guess not everyone is up to date with the cast (in that case, sorry for the spoiler, but it is in their Instagram so...).

But I guess that's it from me. Not as eventful as the last episode but I'm still excited for the next ones. Next episode is a heights challenge so that's going to be fun. Let's see what happens! Also let me know your thoughts on this episode as well as predictions for future episodes - do you already have a feeling of who might win this season? Tell me in the comments but please, if you do know spoilers of who wins, don't share it because I do not want to know - predictions only, please! I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment