Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 1 - "Don't Die for Me, Argentina"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back for a new main season of The Challenge and I gotta say, I'm pretty stoked about this one!

There's a lot of familiar faces, which is nice, but at the same time, a lot of those people I'm not a huge fan of so... There's that. What really gets me excited about this season (and I'm going to start with the end) is that Bananas is back! He has been away from The Challenge for the past 2 seasons (not counting the special ones such as USA and All Stars) and I've missed him. You don't know how happy I was when I saw him and Nany get into The Zone after the elimination! It was amazing! And that's going to shake things up for sure!

But let's talk about some of the teams and the actual challenges.

So, there's a lot of new players, which I liked most of them - Analyse & Tommy look pretty strong, Colleen and Kim seem fun and, obviously, Johnny and Ravyn won the daily challenge which not only lets us know that they are a pretty good team, but also turns the tables and, for once, the Vets are not in control - a rookie/rookie pair won and, obviously, they are going to save the rookies and target the vets. However, there's a twist, of course.

As I said, Johnny and Ravyn won and so they're safe from elimination and will choose 4 teams to interrogate. From those 4 teams they pick one to go straight into elimination, which is only revealed at the actual elimination. In this case the teams that they picked were Kailah & Sam, Colleen & Kim, Jakk & Laurel, Devin & Tori. And their pick to go straight into elimination was Kailah and Sam, which would be my pick as well. Then, comes the twist!

The other teams are not safe yet and have to go to a Draw, where they take some daggers from a stone and, initially, the first two teams (Jakk & Laurel, Tori & Devin) take out a dagger that doesn't say anything which they assume means they're safe. Well, that's until Colleen and Kim take out their dagger and theirs have written on it SAFE which means they are the ones safe and then, of course, TJ comes with another twist - Colleen & Kim (aka the ones that are safe) pick another team to save and which one goes into elimination against, in this case, Kailah and Sam. Well, they ended up saving Jakk & Laurel and sending into elimination Tori & Devin which not only isn't what I wanted but I don't think I would do that either because Jakk talked a lot of sh*t about Colleen in this episode and, I know she doesn't know, but she still saved him so... Curious, but okay...

And so, the elimination was Kailah & Sam against Tori & Devin - needless to say that I was obviously rooting for Tori and Devin. And actually, Tori and Devin smashed Kailah and Sam... I was actually curious to see more of Sam, to be honest, but I just don't like Kailah so... I'm fine with how this turned out.

After that, the big moment - Bananas and Nany come into the game! What's even more fun about all of this is that they're not the only ones to arrive 'late' in the game - we know Jordan & Aneesa will come as well as Darrell & Veronic so that's going to be fun! Oh, and I completely forgot to mention and Kaycee and Kenny (her brother) had to leave the game just before the daily challenge and, because of that, they brought in Nam and Emmy (a friend of his) which is better, in my opinion. 

I guess that's pretty much it for this first episode! I'm pretty stoked to see what happens in the next episodes, mainly because I know Bananas will stir the pot (I'm curious about the dynamic between him and Devin because they weren't a fan of each other in the past but since then I've started liking Devin so... let's see how this plays out). 

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and predictions for this new season and I'll talk to you in the next episode!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment