Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

The Challenge: USA | Season 1 Episode 11 - "Home Of The Brave"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

So here I am for the final episode of The Challenge: USA, and what an episode this was! I was sort of afraid that, because they were putting everything in just one big episode (the final daily challenge, final elimination and actual final) that it wouldn't be as exciting or it would be kind of messy. Well, it actually pretty great and had so many things and twists that I was not expecting!

Let's get the first part of the episode out of the way and talk about the first thing that I wasn't expecting!

First of all, this last daily challenge was an overnight one, which doesn't happen that often on the challenge. They usually have an overnight bit in the actual final, but not an overnight daily challenge - and certainly not one this close to the final. In a way, I thought it was perfect that they did this so close to the final because it was the perfect tast of the final. Besides that, it was also super surprising the outcome of it all. Tyson and Domenick tied for first place and, because there wasn't a tie breaker, they ended up both winning, alongside Sarah - this last bit really not what I wanted... And on top of that, Angela lost and went straight into elimination. Again, not what I wanted...

When it comes to the nominations, we knew this would be between Alyssa and someone from Sarah's alliance - it was Cayla. Tyson picked Cayla, Sarah picked Alyssa and Domenick ended up being the tie breaker and he went with Alyssa. I actually thought it would go Angela's way (aka not Alyssa) but it kind of worked in her favor because this elimination was a Pole Wrestle and, let's be honest - Alyssa was the easiest to beat, which was exactly what happened.

Moving on to the actual final, as soon as they got the place where the final would happen, Ben was imediatly disqualified because of a medical injury, which was so unfortunate! As you knew, he was my favourite to win and have him go home right away, without even starting the final... It was really sad.

Then, not even 30 minutes into the first leg of the final, Enzo quits... And because he was paired with Desi, Desi was disqualified as well, which was awful! I felt so bad for Desi and I felt so mad at Enzo - this is why all the girls wanted to send him home. I admit, I was rooting for him last episode, but after this... I really regret it, honestly! I'm sure David would've done better - at least, in this first part of the final.

But let's move to some nice things. I was so surprised to see Danny win multiple of the legs and, for a long time, he was ahead in terms of points. Tyson ended up almost catching to him but Danny did great most of the time and I so surprised with that! Then, we get to the overnight part of the final and things take another turn!

I kind of forgot to mention but, because Ben was DQed, one girl had to be alone each leg of the final. In this overnight bit it was Angela. The challenge basically was to carry a bunch of dirt and one person would do that while the other would sleep, and then they would switch. Well, because Angela was alone, she couldn't switch. With that in mind, she decided that she would take the least amount of points and just went to sleep. In the moment I kind of thought that was a nice strategy, but then I started thinking and, the thing is - she didn't sleep a bit and kept moving dirt, no. She just basically 'gave up', and that ended up biting her in the ass. The next morning, when TJ arrived, he told Angela that she basically quit and so, she was DQed. That was another surprising moment but I guess it makes sense. I was just kind of bummed because I also sort of wanted her to win.

Well, like there wasn't enough people out of the game, when it got the the individual bit and they had to actually climb the mountain (and do some puzzles as well) things got pretty grim and Tyson, Domenick, Justine and Cayla quit! I was shocked honestly! Mainly with Tyson because he was so head and he talked such a big game and then... He just quit. I was also surprised with Cayla because, as soon as she got to the Sudoku, she got really excited because she was good at it, but I guess the cold was just too much and she wasn't able to do it... Everything about this final really was so shocking to me! Either the final was really hard, or these people just weren't prepared for a final.

In the end, Danny and Sarah were the only one to actually finish the final. therefore The Winners! Danny winning was great, actually! I never really thought he was going to be the one winning (I always thought it was going to be Tyson, honestly) but I was super happy with that! The same can't be said with Sarah winning. I just don't like her... So I'm not going to say anything else.

So I guess that's it from me. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this season and with this final and I can't wait to see all the other versions of this from all the other countries! Plus, Season 38 of the main show is coming back in October so... A lot more rants are coming so, stay tuned!

Let me know what you thought of this final, the winners and the season overall and I'll talk to you very soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment