Pages

Friday, January 19, 2024

The Challenge | Season 39 Episode 13 & 14 - "El Saboteur" & "Don't Let TJ Decide"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Yet again another week with two episodes in one post... I'm so sorry about that. It really wasn't my intention but again, time got out of hand and it happened... The good thing is that we have two really exciting episodes to talk about and I'm so stoked!

Neither of the episodes work exactly according to plan but it ended in the best way it could have (considering the situation) and I'm so happy about it.

So, overall, episode 13 was almost the turning point in the season. The daily challenge was somewhat "challenging", there was a ton of drama (healthy drama) and I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. The outcome of the daily challenge wasn't the desired one because the worst Team that could win ended up winning and choosing to send Horacio into elimination, but that started a whole debate on making big moves and sending someone different into elimination (possible elimination) alongside Horacio.

There's a clear division in the house right now and I was so hoping the "underdogs" would finally do something about their situation but... That ended up not happening...

They had the numbers but both Nurys and Colleen were really torn on doing something (aka throwing in Jay) and, at last minute, because she's friends with both Kyland and Jay, Nurys decided to basically burn her vote and therefore, because she did that, Colleen decided to not show all her cards just yet and voted in Kyland, just like "everyone else". I get why they did what they did. Who I don't get why he voted Kyland was James - I mean, he's with Moriah, but he could have gone with Emanuel then?! They would all throw you in in a heartbeat so... Luckily, karma did bite them in the ass in the next episode, which I liked.

Anyway so, both Kyland and Horacio went into possible elimination against Brad which, to be honest, made me relax a little bit because Brad is not the hardest champ to beat. I kind of wanted Horacio to go against Brad because I thought he had a better chance to beat Brad instead of Kyland (obviously I would rather Brad pick chaos though) but Brad picked Kyland. Still, when the elimination started I was shocked! Kyland started moving at a really fast speed and I got my hopes up. And, in the end, Kyland won and I was so happy! This was a good old Challenge elimination! And now Kyland won against both Darrell and Brad. Kyland really snuck on us, didn't he?!

And everything kept going in episode 14...

This episode was the mini-final episode and that's always exciting! We have a glympse at who's actually a threat and it really is Horacio and Zara because their team was always the first up until the last checkpoint where it all came down to math and I guess Horacio's weakness really is Math. And, because of that, every single team got ahead of them and, in the end, it really got down to either Jay's team or Kyland's team and, needless to say who I was rooting for, right?! And the last minutes of that challenge were really nervewrecking because Jay asked for a check and luckily they had it wrong and there it came Kyland's Team and got the win! However, you would thought they would save Horacio... Well, no... It's unfortunate but I understand why Kyland gave up - that meant that with Horacio already going in and with Kyland and James safe, the alliance had to turn on themselves and that would create more drama - and that's exactly what happened!

Somehow they all gave up on putting Jay up for elimination so the choice was between Ed and Emanuel - Jay and his alliance decided that Ed was the biggest wildcard and Kyland decided that Emanuel was Jay's right hand (after Asaf) and decided to go for him and that left them with a stalemate. That was really exciting! They tried a second time to come to an agreement and Ed didn't give up. Corey changed his vote but Ed decided to change it as well so it would still end up on a stalemate. And that's a dangerous game to play - you don't know what TJ would do - but I knew what was coming next! CT!

Obviously it came down to CT to choose who to go against and the first thing that he did was save Horacio so that's already a win! Then he looked at everyone and he mentioned Jay but he said he would spare him which was a bit unfortunate however what he did next was almost as good as picking Jay - he picked Asaf! And we know Asaf is a brother to Jay, to the point that Nurys tried to congratulate Jay for being save and he pushed her away because Asaf was not safe and he was pissed at her. Seriously, I used to like Jay but he's just the worst in this season... 

Anyway, then came the elimination and I wished it was more of a physical one but it was Math again and that's one of CT's strenghts and he got the win! Yes, so excited that he sent home Asaf and that he shook things up in the game!

Conquest begins in the next episode and I'm so excited! Something tells me that more than one people will go home and that will happen in every single episode from now on and I can't wait for things to change because I'm so tired of the same people going into elimination and I'm tired of all my favourite players going home.

Okay, that's it from me. I'm sorry once again for the lack of posts and for joining two episodes in one post. I hope you still like my rants and of course I wanna hear from you - What you thought of Kyland and Brad's elimination? What about CT and Asaf's? Tell me everything and I'll talk to you, hopefully, next week!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment