Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Challenge: Total Madness | Season 35 Episode 16 - "It's the End of the World As We Know It"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everybody and OMG this episode!
The final is here and, actually, this was the last episode of the season before the reunion (which caught me a bit off guard) and... F*ck yeah my favorites won!
I'm sorry but I have to start with this. That's right, both Bananas and Jenny won! It was actually two winners, a girl and a guy, which I wasn't expecting - I thought it would be only one winner - but what matters is that the right people won this season! Also, I'm sorry but I have to say this - I've been saying for weeks that Bananas was going to win this season and I was right! I just had a feeling. And, if I had known that it would be a guy and girl winning I would totally say that Jenny was going to win but yeah. Now that I've expressed how happy I am with this outcome, let's rewind a bit and talk about the actual final.
I must say that I'm a bit disappointed. I mean, they did do kind of a twist after the first part of the final where the first place guy and first place girl formed a tribunal and there would be an elimination. I wasn't expecting that so that was nice. So the two members of the Tribunal were Cory an Jenny, who picked Bananas and Kaycee to go into this last elimination, and then the rest of the 'house' went with Rogan and Melissa both who actually nominated themselves. Rogan said it was because he wanted to prove himself again and Melissa just basically volunteered to later quit. I mean, it gave Kaycee an unfair advantage and I was actually rooting a little bit for Melissa but now, thinking about it, I guess she did the right thing - keeping in mind that she was pregnant at the time. Anyway so that left Rogan an Bananas to battle it out in this last elimination which looked pretty easy but once they started didn't look so easy. Well, needless to say that Bananas won that elimination (and later on won the entire season). With that, the winners of both the first part of the final and the elimination got to sleep in a house, where it was warm, while the remaining two - Fessy and Kyle - had to wait four hours in the cold. Oh, and I guess I should mention that Bayleigh also had to 'quit' because she had a knee injury and couldn't continue so, for the girls, it was only Jenny vs Kaycee. 
Moving to the next day, this second part of the final was just a pretty long run, with a bit of math in the middle, and that's where it disappointed me. It didn't have any big checkpoints that could turn things around. I mean, the math problem did give Kyle and Fessy an advantage over Cory who, at that point, was in the lead but that was pretty much it. And then it wasn't even about the best time, it was just a run with who got to the top of the mountain first would win (and you already know who did).
I do have to mention though that Kyle got second place for the guys and I'm really happy about that and really proud of him. Cory even said in this episode that he wasn't a threat. Well, he got second place and Cory in third so... And Fessy, who everyone thought was a big threat, gassed out and ended in 4th. This just shows that you shouldn't underestimate anyone, and I'm also looking forward to see Kyle again in The Challenge because I actually think he has a shot at winning one day.
Well, and I guess that's it for this season. There will be a Reunion episode, which was shot through Zoom and I'm still going to cover that but, after next episode, the blog will be a bit quite for some time. Still, I would love to know your thoughts on who won and what you thought of the actual final and yeah... I'll see you next week!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment