Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Challenge: Total Madness | Season 35 Episode 17 - "Reunion"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
So, here we are with the The Challenge Reunion (part 1, I might add. part 2 coming next week - as usual). Reunions are always difficult for me to review because, the truth is, I've been commenting during the whole season and now, it's just themselves commenting on stuff that I have already commented on. However, this time the Reunion was a bit different. Because of this whole pandemic thing, the reunion had to be via Zoom so it was a different environment. In a way, I liked it better how did it now. It felt more real (because everyone was in their own houses) and, in general, it looked like they were way more friendly with each other which, we know that most of we see in the show, is 'fake' and just to make the show interesting. Apart from that Zoom thing that was different, all the other things that they touched on were kind of boring.
They started out with the winners, as per usual, but there really wasn't much to talk about, to be honest. They did touch on Bayleigh's injury and, something that I was looking forward to, Melissa's pregnancy. The truth is, the was already 4 months pregnant when she got to the final and that really shocked me. I also liked the whole Bananas and Wes alliance and to see that most people truly didn't know that they were working together. Those two teaming up really cracked me up (during the season and in this episode). And speaking of Bananas, they also touched on the 'love triangle' between him, Jay and Morgan but, truth be told, there wasn't much to talk about. Jay and Bananas talked about it before going into the show and yeah, there's that. Ashley tried to make a thing out of it but it didn't work.
Something kind of major, not only during the season, but in this reunion was the whole Nany, Aneesa an Kaycee thing. This was what gave this episode the biggest 'argument' and then, what pissed me off the most, was that Nany left the video call because it was already her bed time... That really annoyed me! Nany sometimes is so annoying... I have such a love/hate relationship with her. I do feel like she's a bit underrated but she also doesn't do anything to establish herself and she does have some childish and annoying attitudes so... Yeah, there's that.
Apart from that they also touched on the whole Kailah and Bear thing but they didn't stay on that for long (I think because Bear wasn't there) and they also talked about the whole Jenna and Zach thing, which is another topic that really annoys me. I'm so tired of that drama. Although, I also have such a bittersweet 'connection' to that relationship like, I love to see them together and the whole Barbie and Ken thing is so cute but, at the same time, Zach really treats her badly and she's really possessive over her and don't really think that relationship is healthy so... I don't know... Maybe behind closed doors it is different but... I don't know.
Anyway, that's basically it for this first part of the reunion. Next week we'll see some behind the scenes footage so, maybe it will be more interesting. Regardless, it is still fun to see them react to the footage and interact with each other so... Yeah, looking forward to it.
I know there's not much to say about this Reunion but let me know your thoughts and I'll talk to you next week!
Love,
Daniela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment