Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 19 - "Inherit the Earth"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Wow! Wow! I don't know how this rant is going to turn out because this was a lot to take in.

Hello everybody! Here we are with Supernatural's second to last episode.

Once again, I'm sorry I'm one day late with this rant. I had a lot to do and, to be honest, I needed some time to process that episode that really felt like the last episode of the series! I know that we have another one (which I'm going to react to on my YouTube channel so stay tuned for that) but this one was just an ending. It really was and now I'm kind of confused.

Well, usually I start with how the episode started and all of that but, this time, I just need to get all of this things out of my chest. There was so much going on in this episode and I don't even know where to start. From the preview we knew they were going to meet with someone and, because of that 'previously' in the beginning, I figured it was Michael (also because I saw Jake Abel's name on the credits) so that's who they went to meet. Then later Lucifer appeared out of no where and that really was a shock to me. A lot of stuff went down between Lucifer 'helping' Sam and Dean, showing up with a reaper, killing it in order for this reaper to become Death and read God's book of his death. Actually, that was a great plan, if if wasn't for the fact that he killed this new Death before she read everything because this was all a plan from God to get his book. Luckily (or not), Michael kills Lucifer and there's that. The book was left open, however, and so they started working on a way to translate it which ended up in them doing a spell which revealed Michael's betrayal when God appeared. That betrayal was for nothing though because then God killed him. With that, God had enough of the Winchesters and decided to just end them, but not before getting his hands dirty and punching them over and over. That was when the brothers revealed that all of this was part of their plan. They noticed what was going on with Jack (the thing about him killing plants) which turns out he was not killing things, he was 'capturing' their energy and, because of that, he was getting more powerful by the minute. With Michael killing Lucifer, Jack absorbed Lucifer's energy and later on, after God kills Michael he also absorbed Michael's energy and, if that wasn't enough, he absorbed God's energy from all the punching. All of this just made him super powerful - more powerful than God - and that was 'the end'. Jack absorbed all of God's power, leaving God just a regular human and Jack... Well, basically God. To that, Sam and Dean decided to not kill God and just leave him being a 'nobody'. Jack brought everyone back (the world) but we don't know anything about the people from the other world and we also don't know if he brought Castiel back. (and like that I just said everything about the episode)

The episode really ended with Jack disappearing because he's not God and the brothers going back to the bunker, having a toast to the people that they lost along the way, them getting into the Impala and driving into the sunset while a montage of all the other seasons played. And that really looked like a Season Finale.

After that, I was basically in denial. I know there's one episode left but this really felt like the end and I was not prepared. The whole thing also didn't play out like I thought it would. I always said that Sam would become God - guess I was wrong about that. And in my last rant I said that Dean would be Amara and Jack would be Death. Well, I don't think that's going to happen either. However, I do believe my ending would've been better. Not that I didn't like this episode/ending. It was as close to an happy ending as we would ever get, and I'm so proud of Jack. He's character arc is beautiful - this basically tells that, even if you come from a 'bad place' (being Lucifer's child), you're in control of yourself and your decisions and you don't need to be a bad person, you can over come it and now look - he's God. That was beautiful! But, in a way, it was easy. A lot happened in this episode but God's actual defeat was a bit anti-climatic so I have mixed feelings.

Also, there's a final episode. What is going to happen?! It looks like everything is dealt with so... I have two predictions. 1) Either the next episode is how they life went on, like growing old and whatnot or 2) this whole episode 19 was 'fake' and there's a big plot twist in the end. Also, the preview showed something with them leaving a set which automatically made me think that the show would end saying that this was all a show and 'none of that ever happened' (like the character's aren't real) which would suck, to be honest. Either way, I'm really curious to see how everything is going to end, even though I will be so sad.

So, I've talked enough about this episode so let me know what you thought of this 'ending' and what do you think will be the next episode. Until then, just need to let you know that the next post will come later because, as I said, I'm filming a reaction. That's all!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment