Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Challenge: Double Agents | Season 36 Episode 00 - "Declassified"

 


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody!

I'm coming to you a bit earlier than expected because, turns out, The Challenge decided to release an episode 0 for this season of the challenge which they called "Declassified".

From what I understood, this was an episode to get all of the boring stuff out of the way - getting to know the players, the location and all of that. So, I'm assuming next episode will be straight to the acting, but we'll see.

Well, because this episode was just 'drama' (which isn't really drama this early in the game, it's just us knowing who's who and stuff like that) there's not much I can talk about. You all know by now that the main reason why I watch The Challenge are the actual challenges so this episode was a bit boring to me. Nonetheless, I was excited to know all the new players (mostly). But one thing is for sure, I'm not rooting for anyone in particular this season. Yeah, there's no Bananas this season (which I already knew going into it) but it also looks like they picked all the people that I don't like and put them in a Challenge season - Devin, Ashley M, Nelson, Kam, Lolo, Wes... And all the other ones are just people that I don't care that much... I guess, as of now, I'm rooting for CT, Darrell, Jay, Kyle and Leroy. Yes, only guys. I did like some of the new girls such as Gabby and Natalie but it's too early in the game to know.

When it comes to the game, we didn't find out much with this episode. We know that 'lies' are going to be one of the main things in this game but also, something exciting, the skull thing is back! That's right, in order to compete in the final people will have to go into elimination and win in order to get a skull. The twist this season is that there's only 10 skulls which means, not only less people will get a skull and get to the final, but also they won't send into elimination the same people over and over again because, if they get two skulls, that's a chance that is taken from another player.

And that's pretty much it, to be honest. There's 30 players as of now, which is a lot of people and I'm sensing that there will be a major purge pretty soon, if not in the first episode, and it is set in Iceland, which is nice. Oh, and they're in a house now, which is also interesting.

I'm a bit bummed out that Bananas isn't in this season, but I've come to terms with it so I'm just going to root for Kyle instead. Anyway, I'm excited to really understand the rules of the game in the first episode but, in the meantime, let me know your first thoughts on this season and who are you rooting for as of now.

I'll see you guys tomorrow with the review of the first actual episode.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment