Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 1 Episode 6 - "Free Fallin'"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Here we are with a new The Challenge rant! However, this time I bring you All Stars first because I can't find the other one anywhere... But it's fine, at least having one The Challenge is nice so, let's get into it.

The thing with this new season is that it's too short and I can't feel the emotions that I usually feel while watching the 'normal' season. I love that they go straight into what's important and I love how they don't focus on drama too much but let's be honest... It's the drama that give you those heightened emotions and, without that here, you're just watching people compete. I do already have my favorites, to the point that this episode was really hard to pick who I was rooting for. But before I get into the elimination, let's talk about the week's challenge.

This week the challenge was above water and they had to do a puzzle. It was a team thing and, in the end, only one person finished the puzzle correctly - Big Easy. So Big Easy and Ruthie, the team captains, where safe. As for the ones going straight into elimination... I don't know exactly how they picked one team because, if none of the others finished the puzzle correctly, how did they pick the loosing team?! If you understood that please let me know because I was really confused. Still, I rolled with it and the ones going straight into elimination where Mark and Kendall. This was the moment that I've been waiting for! Ever since I saw him I wanted to see Mark in an elimination. He's so big and looks so strong and, after all, he's basically in charge of this season so... Yeah, it was pretty exciting! But then, they picked the girl that went against them and everything changed.

So Mark left up to Kendall as for the girl she wanted to go against and she let the house decide. Well, luckily for all the other girls, Katie decided to volunteer herself because she didn't do anything in the challenge. Even though the girls where okay with it, the guys had to say something about it as well - after all, Katie then would pick one of the guys to go into elimination with her. But all the guys where fine with it. I mean, they were all terrified of going in - all besides Laterrian, who just went straight to Katie and told her to pick him that he would be there for her and he would try his best. That was just the sweetest thing anyone could do! The fact that he said that we wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that he could help a friend and he didn't do it... That made him even a better competitor.

Well, and that was what Katie did - she picked Laterrian - and because of that I was so torn on who I wanted to win. On one hand there's Mark and Kendall who I think are the strongest competitors in there, and on the other hand there's the underdogs (sort of) with Laterrian being such a good person... Yeah... I guess in the end I wanted Katie and Laterrian to win because... yes, I was a bit sad when they lost. But, I'm also happy I get to see Mark compete more because, to be honest, that elimination was a bit weak. I mean, it looked tough, but I expected more from Mark (even with him winning) so I hope I get to see him compete more again...

And that's basically it, to be honest. TJ did drop a bomb in the preview - next episode is the last one before the final. WOW. Did not expect that! I mean, I knew episode 9 would be the last with 10 being the Reunion but, for some reason, the next episode being the last before the final caught me a bit off guard. So, let me know what you think of that. Would like this season to be longer? What do you think is going to happen next episode, now that we know that what follows is the final? Personally, I'll say that the next one will be a quadruple elimination because there's way too many people in the house still. But who knows?! This season has been pretty different from all the other ones so... We'll see. In the meantime let me know your predictions and hopefully I get back to you with the Reunion Part II from Double Agents.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment