Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 11 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Double Date"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Zoey's Playlist is back from it's little hiatus and I do not like where this is going!

This week's episode was a mess. Not that the episode was bad - no! It's more the other way around. The episode was great, but everything in Zoey's life is such a mess and I truly felt that. I guess I'll just jump right into it.

The episode starts out with a really important scene, in my opinion. I loved right away that they had an actor from The Good Doctor in there as well as the actress that played Kitty on Glee. That was awesome, as well as the musical number that they sang, but what was important for the actual plot was when Zoey got into her therapist appointment. She was so relatable right there talking about all the things that she has going on in her life - work, family, relationship, all the tv shows she has to watch - I loved that! I've always said this, Zoey is so relatable, I really connect to her struggles (some of them) and I believe that is one of the reasons why I love this show so much. Anyway... So her therapists tell her to just focus on one thing that she can improve on and so she decides to make a day all dedicated to Simon and what he wants to do. And that's when the name of the episode comes in. They start thinking about what to do and Rose appears and says that she and Max are going on a costume run and Simon is on board and, again Zoey being so relatable, she isn't really into it but she agrees because she wants to give Simon a perfect day.

Well, obviously things get a bit chaotic mostly when she hears Perry sing a song about how he's afraid of his ex-husband meeting Mo and, as in true Zoey fashion, she agrees to help him after the run while they're all there at MaxiMo. What Zoey doesn't see coming is when Max reveals that he's thinking about going to New York for a while because Rose has a friend that is interesting in opening a pop-up of MaxiMo. And that's when I say no to this whole thing. I mean, it creates good intrigue and everything makes sense but I just want Max and Zoey back together! And it looks like that won't happen anytime soon. 

Zoey creates a big mess when she acts a bit like she's jealous (but I'll get into it) making Rose uncomfortable, as well as Simon, and Max ends up not being happy with her either. But the thing is, Zoey ends up talking to her therapist about the whole mess and he tells her that it might not be feelings for Max - it can actually be her afraid of loosing someone else, after loosing her father, and then Joan moving away and now she's afraid to loose her best-friend too. And, as much as I want her to still have romantic feelings for Max, I love that they're introducing a different element to the mix and giving Zoey even more depth and just say that the lost of a loved one is such a complicated thing. I love all the layers that the producers and writers put into the show! What I don't love though is that they're killing my favorite ship!

Yes, as I said, Max is not happy with Zoey and he tells her that the need to stop what the have been doing - basically telling her that they can't be friends and that he needs some space from her. Not only that broke me but it was also so heartbroken to Zoey that seeing her leave MaxiMo crying was so heartbreaking to me... I just want Max and Zoey back together as they were in the beginning of this season! Ugh!!

One good thing this come out of this episode though - turns out Maggie does not have a gambling problem and she just wanted to get rid of the money she got from that architect that hired and the hit on her. The problem then was that she kept winning and now she has a ton of money. Luckily Deb was there to make good use of the money and it looks like they're going on a bit of a vacation so... I guess we won't see Maggie for a few episodes.

Anyway... This was a lot to take in and I don't know where this whole thing with Simon, Zoey and Max is going and, as much as I want Max and Zoey together, I just want to see Zoey happy so... Let's hope we get that. Oh, I also forgot to mention that there was a little plot about the phone at SPRQ Point and that Tobin and that other girl finally made out so... that's nice.

I guess that's pretty much it from me... Let me know where you land on all of this thing between Zoey, Max and Simon, and what are your predictions for future episodes - I myself have no idea. Until then, I'll have a few more rants up this week so... I'll see you later!

Love,

Daniela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment