Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 1 Episode 5 - "Nuthin' but an OG Thang"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Heya people!

After that lack luster All Stars episode last week we have an exciting one! Basically everything about this episode was interesting and, most of all surprising. Starting out with the week's challenge.

This week's daily challenge was a mini final, and I love when they do that! It's when they do these that we know who's fit for a final and who's not, and this one had an interesting twist. It started out as a group challenge, with teams carrying a trunk and, right away we could see who was getting tired and who was pumped and just had all the endurance, one of the latter being Mark (which we already expected, I mean, I know I did). Then, after that part of the challenge, the teams split up into pairs and had to solve a puzzle (one of those that involve memory most of all) and, to be honest, it looked fairly easy so... I don't know why they were struggling so much. I did notice that some of the pieces the letters also changed colors so... That made it harder but still, I didn't think it was too hard. And after that the pairs split and it became an individual race where each person had to carry a log. This was a men's elimination week and, plot twist - no more life savers. Well, in the end, Laterrian was the first one to finish so he was safe, as well as the first female who was Kendall. As for last and going into elimination was Syrus. Also last was Beth and that actually mattered, but I'll get into that later.

After the challenge came the deliberation and now things started to get interesting. Syrus wanted Alton because he let the team down in the first part of the challenge, but Alton though it should be the second to last guy to go in which was Big Easy... Part of the house thought the same but then there was also the whole friendships thing and... Yeah, in the end it was Alton to go against Syrus. But not only him!

As they got into the elimination TJ drops a bomb - from now on it's a double elimination every single time so that meant that Beth went into elimination alongside Syrus and, as for Alton, he had the opportunity to chose a girl apart from Kendall (because she was safe) and he chose Aneesa. It was actually well thought out because the elimination was the one that Beth should've done last week but with a twist - this time one person had to go over the blocks and they had to do it five times. Obviously the guys were the ones to climb the blocks but the thing is, Syrus had a twisted ankle and that made him struggle and, in the end, loose the elimination and go home, alongside Beth. 

I was actually happy because I didn't want Aneesa to go home. I really think it's about time Aneesa goes into a final and wins and, to be honest, I think she has a better chance in this All Stars season than in the other seasons so... Let's hope that happens! 

And I guess that's it from me. This was a good episode in my opinion but let me know what you thought of this episode and what you thought of the double elimination twist, and I guess I'll see you next week with new rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment